Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Whisky II

Discussion in 'off topic' started by hifilover1979, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Clive D

Clive D Low fidelity victim

It’s funny you should mention that because while the bottle is labelled 50cl it appears far too big to be anything less than 70cl. Your link is to one very similar to the bottle I received yesterday although mine is marked Limited Edition. I will obviously have to measure it out dram by dram.

Have you tasted it?

2. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

I have not but Roy "Aquavitae" Duff rates their stuff highly and only bemoans the stingy bottle sizes which they have just resolved...
    Discussed here but as part of a 2hr blind so may be tldr

3. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

4. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

Weekender likes this.
  5. pawnshop92

pawnshop92 pfm Member

I popped into Deanston when through in Stirling on the weekend. Grabbed two 20cl distillery hand filled, a bourbon and a px (full maturation, not finish from 1997). The bourbon was very nice, polished off after cricket on Saturday night. The px will be opened shortly to find out if a full bottle is required, hopefully it is...

Weekender likes this.
  6. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

7. jimbob75

jimbob75 pfm Member

8. SteveG

SteveG pfm Member

I pass close to Glenallachie quite a bit (we're in Aberlour quite frequently) so must take a visit to the distillery.

9. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

10. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

11. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Just noticed the Glenallachie 10 Cask Strength is on Drammers Reward at RMW so comes in at £67.95 with a £10 voucher for next purchase...which (kind of) makes it cheaper than anywhere else I fink...if you follow my twisted logic and self-justification!
    Combine this with the new Glen Scotia 8 Cask Strength Campbeltown Fest 2022, which continues to attract positive noises, at £54.95 and you get free postage.
    https://www.royalmilewhiskies.com/glenallachie-10-year-old-cask-strength-batch-7-56-8-70cl/
    https://www.royalmilewhiskies.com/glen-scotia-2013-campbeltown-malts-fest-2022-56-5-70cl/

https://www.whiskybase.com/whiskies/whisky/205124/glenallachie-10-year-old
    https://www.whiskybase.com/whiskies/whisky/208714/glen-scotia-2013

Yes I just did...

Cambs12 and jimbob75 like this.
  12. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

13. jimbob75

jimbob75 pfm Member

Hard to resist that - ordered. If you've not tried the Glenallachie Batch 7 yet I think you'll love it. Have you sampled the GS? Reviews are very promising, and any cask strength Campbeltown must be worth a try at that price.

Weekender likes this.
  14. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Bought two GS from the distillery last week and will be opening one tonite.
    Then I'll open the Glenallachie CS Drammer next week.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
    pawnshop92 likes this.
  15. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Glen Scotia 8 - It's a yes from me...neck pour stood up very well against Victoriana...in fact I preferred it...nose fair flies out of the glass,; great oily texture, palate sweeter from the first fill bourbon balanced by a stronger peat.

pawnshop92 and jimbob75 like this.
  16. hifilover1979

hifilover1979 Bigger than you...

This evenings easy drinking dram

[​IMG]

I find it very interesting TBH albeit a touch too sweet...

Excuse the weird light, I'm chillling in my office with the smart bulb set to 'calm' :D

Weekender likes this.
  17. cutting42

cutting42 Arrived at B4 Hacker Erg \o/

Restock shipment this week, took some recommendations off this thread, thanks for the input. First taste was the Black Bottle..... Excellent, very happy and especially for the price.

[​IMG]

18. hifilover1979

hifilover1979 Bigger than you...

Really glad you like the Black Bottle; I think it's a great easy-drinking dram :)

Really like your selection too; they're all bottles I'd highly recommend...

Interested to know your thoughts re the GlenAllachie 15 & Ardebg too ;)

19. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

20. pawnshop92

pawnshop92 pfm Member

Weekender likes this.