Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Whisky II

Discussion in 'off topic' started by hifilover1979, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Another review here:

Quick Google sez it's a combo of sherry and ex-bourbon.

2. jimbob75

jimbob75 pfm Member

Angels Envy port cask finished is lovely bourbon. Far too drinkable for the price.
    I’d recommend trying a rye whiskey in your Old Fashioned, the added spice works well.

Woodford Reserve Double Oaked is very sweet but very delicious. I’ve been unimpressed with standard WR recently

3. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

anCnoc now £93.95. :D:rolleyes:

4. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

I just heard that the first post-release auction at one of the main auction sites all of the Springbank was bought by a single Bidder and all of it is being shipped to China.

5. pawnshop92

pawnshop92 pfm Member

I wondered who's pocket this was lining, whether it was being bought internationally or to pad an investment fund.

6. pawnshop92

pawnshop92 pfm Member

I got a spare glenallachie 10 yo cask strength from batch 6, I believe (57.8%), based in Edinburgh if anyone is after one?

jimbob75 and Weekender like this.
  7. Cambs12

Cambs12 pfm Member

Halfway down a bottle of the batch 6, it's a mighty fine dram, highly recommended.

8. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Springbank:
    "Thank you to everyone who supported the sale of our specially-labelled Springbank 10 Year Old last week.

To date we have raised over £11,000 for the DEC Ukraine Appeal. The 10 Year Edition was produced to allow a large number of people to buy a bottle of Springbank at a reasonable price while supporting a very important cause and we are grateful to everyone who purchased a bottle and supported the initiative.

We are now planning a second round of fund-raising. This time, we are planning to auction six individual bottles of Springbank 21yo for the same appeal. This time, the bottles have been drawn from an individual cask of Springbank and so are completely unique.

Further details of how to bid will be announced in the coming days and every penny raised by the sale of the bottles will go to the DEC Ukraine Appeal. To be clear, there are six bottles to be auctioned to the six highest bidders, they are not being sold as a set of six."

:)more like it.

9. hifilover1979

hifilover1979 Bigger than you...

On the hunt for another 'decanter filler'...

Needs to be £25 and under; blended preferred and not Irish.

Away you go ;)

10. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Iirc you've had a few of the usual suspects...

...Cutty Sark Prohibition?

hifilover1979 likes this.
  11. hifilover1979

Yup and that was the last one...

The Black Bottle range has been good too

12. hifilover1979

13. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

14. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

15. SteveG

SteveG pfm Member

The James Eadie Trade Mark X is very decent

16. mjw

mjw pfm Member

17. hifilover1979

18. mjw

mjw pfm Member

Got so excited preparing my answer to your question, my finger slipped and I ordered one for myself.

19. robs

robs should know how this works by no

Whatever you have.... it's catching..

20. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member