advertisement

Whisky II

A good friend gave me this while I was in the USA last week. Quite unusual blend of Bourbons and a bit of Rye as well. Limited edition Little Book Chapter 5

51976404524_9ca755857a_c.jpg

Now that is a nice dram; it gets a bit too sweet for my tastes, but a dram goes a long way ;)
Yes.
One to finish the evening with!
Iirc from my slightly drunken research last night it is natural colour so must've been in some powerful sherry casks...and it certainly tastes like it. Wonder if they'll be able to keep it up over subsequent releases...

A good friend gave me this while I was in the USA last week. Quite unusual blend of Bourbons and a bit of Rye as well. Limited edition Little Book Chapter 5

51976404524_9ca755857a_c.jpg
Wish I had friends like that! Sounds like an interesting bottling, I’m a big fan of Bookers

Full disclosure - I was caught up in the positive online reviews for the Laphroaig 10 Sherry and have ended up with three bottles of it.
I've just checked the bottle codes and I have two of the version I opened last night: L1 025 SB1 2034 14:35
The third bottle is L1 161 SB1 2164 08:30

Full disclosure - I was caught up in the positive online reviews for the Laphroaig 10 Sherry and have ended up with three bottles of it.
I've just checked the bottle codes and I have two of the version I opened last night: L1 025 SB1 2034 14:35
The third bottle is L1 161 SB1 2164 08:30
Didn’t check my bottle code tbh. It started off quite flat and furry compared to the PX cask I’d had a few years back. Definitely got better as the level dropped tho.’

Looks nice. Don’t drink much bourbon these days. Your post has prompted me to check what I’ve got stashed in the cupboard.

Didn’t check my bottle code tbh. It started off quite flat and furry compared to the PX cask I’d had a few years back. Definitely got better as the level dropped tho.’
Isn't that PX cask meant to be [understatement] rather good?
Might explain us coming at it differently.

Yes.
One to finish the evening with!
Iirc from my slightly drunken research last night it is natural colour so must've been in some powerful sherry casks...and it certainly tastes like it. Wonder if they'll be able to keep it up over subsequent releases...

Sounds similar to my SB15; that's a very dark whisky and not as sweet as the Laphroig; better suited to my palette... Just a shame the Springbank stuff is so bloody hard to get hold of!

Sounds similar to my SB15; that's a very dark whisky and not as sweet as the Laphroig; better suited to my palette... Just a shame the Springbank stuff is so bloody hard to get hold of!
I’ve got Glen Scotia 15 on my to buy list, some prefer it to the SB15…and you can buy the bugger! If it’s anything like as good as the Victoriana I’ll be a happy boy

I’ve got Glen Scotia 15 on my to buy list, some prefer it to the SB15…and you can buy the bugger! If it’s anything like as good as the Victoriana I’ll be a happy boy

The Glen Scotia 15 is a very decent and I was going to say it was also excellent value, however that was based more on the £45 I paid for my bottle in March 2021, rather than the £65 it seems to be now.

The Glen Scotia 15 is a very decent and I was going to say it was also excellent value, however that was based more on the £45 I paid for my bottle in March 2021, rather than the £65 it seems to be now.

Finished my last bottle last night, it's great but I'll need to swallow a 40% price rise through gritted teeth.

Managed to get it £45 too...unopened.
Be interesting to see if the GS price rises stick...cache not there in the same way as Springbank. The critically panned Xmas release didn't help... though Drammers rate it higher:
https://www.whiskybase.com/whiskies/whisky/190979/glen-scotia-12-year-old

advertisement

Back