Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Whisky II

Discussion in 'off topic' started by hifilover1979, Jun 18, 2021.

1. hifilover1979

hifilover1979 Bigger than you...

Weekender and SteveG like this.
  2. hifilover1979

Oohh new thread...

3. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

4. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

JW Green Label finished as I pour over the remains into my hip flask for out jaunt away.

I found the green label totally uninspiring if not a tad boring to drink. Needs replacing, but what with? not too sweet.....

hifilover1979 likes this.
  5. hifilover1979

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071ZSFYK5/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Not sweet; a touch briney, smooth and interesting

The Green Label isn't a bad drop IMO; but it's nothing to write home about really...

gintonic likes this.
  6. gintonic

7. mjw

mjw pfm Member

gintonic likes this.
  8. mjw

mjw pfm Member

P.s. if you can afford to wait, the Stuireadair is regularly discounted to £25.

Elephantears likes this.
  9. hifilover1979

10. gintonic

plenty of time....

11. gintonic

couldn't resist at that price :D

hifilover1979 likes this.
  12. SteveG

SteveG pfm Member

Stuireadair is what I tend to have in my hip-flask, it's very good - especially when discounted to sub £30.

13. SteveG

SteveG pfm Member

As was passing the Whisky Castle earlier I had a little look in and came away with a bottle of the Gordon & MacPhail Caol Ila 13 old, which I'm looking to trying tonight.

Weekender and Cambs12 like this.
  14. raysablade

raysablade pfm Member

Just opened the bottle Glen Scotia 15 I bought in January. It is an absolute delight.

SteveG and Weekender like this.
  15. SteveG

SteveG pfm Member

And very nice it was too.

16. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

As I had to make up an Amazon order to £20 yesterday I went looking for whisky. Got jura 10 for £25 and, bizarrely, Crabbies single highland malt at, wait for it, £16. You can pay nearly that much for Bells, so even if I end up mixing it it's no loss.

17. boon

boon pfm Member

There is a great whisky shop in Skipton North York’s called “the Wright wine company” they have a great selection and are responsible for introducing me to Compass Box. The world would be worse off without John Glaser. Two of my go to’s at the moment are Peat Monster Arcana, and Hedonism Felicitas. The peat monster wipes the floor with Talisker, if you like Smokey and peaty you will like this one :)
    https://wineandwhisky.co.uk/

18. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

To be fair, at the price it wants to be better. £85 vs£45. I like the sound of the shop though, I'll find it when I'm next in Skipton. Where is it, market place area?

19. boon

boon pfm Member

The Arcana is a special, std Peat Monster can be found for around £40.00 https://www.thebottleclub.com/products/compass-box-peat-monster-whisky?currency=GBP&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=Cj0KCQjw_8mHBhClARIsABfFgpiTkubnQo3y7fHYVzYM-hMVDtsDUVgRsJMOqMR_pcRKeT6bodEXHToaAox3EALw_wcB
    Wright Wine Co is to the left of the castle as you face it and walk down towards the canal, it’s on your right.
    The Old Smithy,
    Raikes Road,
    SKIPTON,
    North Yorkshire
    BD23 1NP

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
    stevec67 likes this.
  20. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021