advertisement

Whisky II

Even when it said there was stock, I think it was very very limited in certain areas. When I added my postcode it changed to say no stock. Tried my parents postcode and it said stock for delivery, so I ordered. Delivery came today and they’d substituted for a bowmore!

Which Bowmore? If the 12 then send it back, if the 15 then that's decent - although not Lagavulin 16 decent!

Which Bowmore? If the 12 then send it back, if the 15 then that's decent - although not Lagavulin 16 decent!

It was the 12. To be honest I’ve got so many bottles of whisky I don’t need another, I’m just a big lagavulin 16 fan and don’t have a bottle of that, so was trying to get one whilst at a good price.

Plenty of Laga at my local Waitrose here in Preston.

6 boxes on the shelf and the guy who looks after the booze section said they had a full case in the back too

Plenty of Laga at my local Waitrose here in Preston.

6 boxes on the shelf and the guy who looks after the booze section said they had a full case in the back too

Whisky lovers from all around must be descending on Preston. How have you evaded the Lagavulin drought?

It did make me wonder if it would be available in store, and I might have got in the car to Beckenham Waitrose if I hadn't just hadn't opened a new bottle of Talisker.

A word about the Talisker. I was praising the recent bottling a few weeks ago. This evening, first thing it made me think of is the times when I've had a bad cold and mixed a cheap blend with honey and lemon to make a hot toddy. I realise this sounds like a pretty grim recommendation for a single malt. But I loved it. Until the last slug (it was a slug rather than a sip, as if I were drinking Bourbon and sitting in a bar in the mid-west looking for a fight) when I got a crude overdose of salt, like I'd been swimming in the sea and taken a shock mouthful.

But I still want more. Weird.

Anyone tried the Smokehead Islay bottlings? Particularly the 58% edition? Any good?

If anyone wants to move to Campbeltown to make it easier to get hold of bottles of Springbank direct from the distillery then there is rather a nice house that's just hit the market today: https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/118999571#/?channel=RES_BUY

I suspect there are folks on here could sell their current place, buy that house and still have change left over to start their own distillery. In fact it's probably got room in the garden for a distillery!

If anyone wants to move to Campbeltown to make it easier to get hold of bottles of Springbank direct from the distillery then there is rather a nice house that's just hit the market today: https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/118999571#/?channel=RES_BUY

I suspect there are folks on here could sell their current place, buy that house and still have change left over to start their own distillery. In fact it's probably got room in the garden for a distillery!
In the particulars:
NEIGHBOURING PROPERTY – PLANNING CONSENT
The sellers have obtained planning consent for ‘erection of dwelling house and re-positioning of entrance gates to South Park’. The planning consent has the reference 19/00392/PP. Planning consent has been awarded and the entrance gate and flanking pedestrian gates and gate piers have been repositioned. The consented plans show an ‘L’ shaped single storey 2 bedroomed dwelling situated within the garden ground to the southwest of South Park. Plans of the proposed development will be available for study at South Park during viewing appointments. Further details also available from the selling agents.
The initial section of the driveway will be shared, and the sellers will construct a new access to their proposed dwelling. Their intention is to commence the works in the autumn of 2021.
The sale plan shows the plot outlined in red within the overall blue dashed line. https://assets.reapit.net/ret/live/pdf.php?p=RUR210178&t=S

I'd still be up for it...bit big as a retirement home though...change of use to a B&B for Whisky tourism?

advertisement

Back