advertisement

Which would be the better cable for a long RCA run (8m) ?

Southeastern

She called me baby, like an old romantic
Yes, I know, balanced would be better, but my phono stage does not have a balanced output - Luxman E-250)

I need to run an 8m RCA for my Turntable.

My two preferred options;

Mogami 2497
Mogami 2534

I prefer the sound of the 2497 cable, having both as short RCA's for my digital setup, but its ruddy expensive over the 2534, not far off three times the price for an 8m run.

If there is a technical reason why the 2497 would be better for a long run?

I’d go with the lower capacitance of the two. Or maybe Blue Jeans LC1.

Ive had that Blue Jeans cable before and the sound out of is like Van Damme, just poor.

I want to stick with Mogami as I do like the sound they provide...

I *think* the capacitance are

2497 - 67pF/m
2534 - 64pF/m

but there's different sites quoting different figures..

Ive had that Blue Jeans cable before and the sound out of is like Van Damme, just poor.

I want to stick with Mogami as I do like the sound they provide...

I *think* the capacitance are

2497 - 67pF/m
2534 - 64pF/m

but there's different sites quoting different figures..
If capacitance is similar go for lower resistance as 8m is quite long.

If you’re concerned about cable quality, anything you could do to shorten that run would have a big effect, much more do than the cable quality overall. Anything you can do there? 8m is looooong

If you’re concerned about cable quality, anything you could do to shorten that run would have a big effect, much more do than the cable quality overall. Anything you can do there? 8m is looooong

Nothing I can do to lessen it.

I had 6m before in previous place and the SQ was exactly the same as 1m as I got to try both, so I am hoping those extra 2m wont be too detrimental. The only difference will be the actual cable as Analysis Plus difficult to get in the UK.

The 6m cable was an Analysis Plus Oval One cable.

Running an earth cable in close parallel, 6mm2 or 10mm2 copper stranded, linking the casings, should reduce any hum pickup. A much lower DC resistance than any audio cable screen.

advertisement

Back