Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Which musicians have lived on your street ?

Discussion in 'music' started by Operajulian, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Got all their albums.

2. Colonel_Mad

Colonel_Mad pfm Member

You probably live about 2 doors down from me! Ex-neighbours include Mike Pickering on Rybank Road, Ian Brown on Newport Road and Bez on Upper Chorlton Road. ;)

Mr Scruff and Guy Garvey still live in these streets too..

Paul Mc likes this.
  3. Sean K

Sean K pfm Member

Indeed, The Plateau Phase has some gems on it. Great that HMHB referenced them.

4. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Booyakashah, check out my avatar...

Crispy Ambulance is one of the best band names ever. Fact(ory).

5. Sean K

Sean K pfm Member

Pauline's Gifts! Reminds me of happy days living in flats off Prinny Ave and Springbank: Grafton, de Grey, Dover and Albany Streets, playing to huge crowds (as many as 30 people sometimes) in the Adelphi and getting most of my nutrition from dry roasted peanuts and Tim Taylors Landlord in the Duke of Wellington. Dub nights at the Welly were great; chucking out time at most clubs involved fights on the pavement but there, you'd see people queueing up to stroke a cat and overheard munchie driven conversations, "Nah, come back to ours, I've got bread, we can make toast...".

I ended up living on Farnley Square off Ella street, next door but on to Trevor Simpson, the bassist from WKDN and Nyam Nyam. Last time I spoke to him he was DJing as 'The Reverend'.

RickyC6 likes this.
  6. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

I went to school with the drummer out of Cutting Crew.
    But on the up side I have a Crispy Ambulance t shirt.

7. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Just stuck it on now, it is still great!

8. RickyC6

We will have been in many of the same pubs and gig venues!

Sean K likes this.
  9. Sean K

Sean K pfm Member

I've only ever had it on cassette, long gone and no cassette player either. Just looking at reissues on Amazon but postage to NZ....

10. Sean K

Sean K pfm Member

In Hull, that's a certainty!

11. RickyC6

12. Sean K

Sean K pfm Member

Oh, that's wonderful, so good to see Paul Jackson in there, lovely bloke, but Jim, the sound man is missing. (Jim, I can't hear myself - Jim hears this at every soundcheck and shrugs disinterestedly).

13. RickyC6

Yes! Jacko is an utter legend round here

14. Colinb

Colinb pfm Member

Roger Taylor lived at the end of our road on the other side of the A3 in Thursley. Huge house set in many acres of ground. He and Brian May frequented our village pub, The Three Horseshoes, on occasions.

15. Colinb

Colinb pfm Member

Also, when I lived in West Wittering the infamous Redlands, which is owned by Keith Richards, was in the road opposite. I knew his daughter Angie and her husband Graham quite well.They live just down the road too. Their children (Keith's grandchildren) used to borrow one of my tents for sleepovers. Graham is the brother of a good mate. My cousin Rob Berry who is a blues musician and recording engineer also worked with Keith at times.

16. Loving this thread…I live down the road from a mate who went out with Kim Wilde and provided the ‘Woaahs’ on her seminal Kids of America track

paulfromcamden likes this.
  17. Darren L

Darren L pfm Member

Woaah! Kim Wilde! I really fancied her when I was a kid, only second to Debbie Harry. When I first lived in London I met Wendy James from Tranvision Vamp in the local pub in Little Venice , another Woaah moment;)

seagullsnacker likes this.
  18. Paul Mc

Paul Mc pfm Member

Is Guy Garvey still in these parts?

19. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

Oddie is very much a musician!

Stephen

20. Colonel_Mad

Colonel_Mad pfm Member

Ive been told he has a house on the same street as Mr Scruff. Must admit I’ve not seen him around though.

Rob Gretton definitely once lived on Chatfield if you’re over that way. I once chatted with a bloke in Marble who does reclamation antiques. Says he once found a Rob Gretton grave marker (the sort that they put there whilst the main headstone is being made) being flogged with a pile of other junk. He went to some lengths to repatriate it with the Gretton family.