advertisement

Which interconnect/speaker cables with Rega amps?

gerlando

Prog Rocker
Hello there,
which interconnect/speaker cables are the best solution with Rega amps?
Are the classic Klotz/Van Damme/Mark Grant/Talk Cables/Tellurium a valid solution?
Are Rega cables recommended?
What do you use at home?
Cheers
Mauro

I never found anything better than the RFC Venus apart from maybe Chord Signature tuned Aray, it’s a matter of taste though. All the ones listed will do a job. What are you looking for, more detail, warmer, bass etc?

Cables Can change the sonic signature, but Can also become the Worlds most expensive tonecontrols…:)If You have cables use them, if not buy the Rega stuff, quite standard sensible stuff

I use Rega Couple interconnects, (early ac330 Klotz version) and Couple II.
Not sure what brand cable Couple II is based on, but a more flexible cable, different plugs too.
Sure there are more revealing cables out there, but I always come back to Couples.

Currently using WH Phantom for speakers, intend to try Van Damme, Kudos KS1, various Atlas and Chord when time permit, possible also Rega Duet.

I use True Signals interconnects now having been stuck on Couples for far too long as the TS are much better/clearer.

I've heard TS are very good as you indicate, if these are reasonable priced I might be tempted.
OTOH, I heard similar argument for some very expensive Chord cables, none of them which I really liked.

Cardas, the Rolls Royce of cable. I use a mixture of Golden Cross and Golden Reference. One of the best upgrades I made.Lots of info on the web about them both.

Why not make your own, save loads and have some fun with it? Easy to do and you can make them look as you want.

Why not make your own, save loads and have some fun with it? Easy to do and you can make them look as you want.

I have some Klotz MC5000 at the moment.
I think they are similar to Rega Couple MKI.

I’m curious about the new Neo Oyaide d+.

As speaker cable I have some Mark Grant / Van Damme 6mm HiFi UP-LCOFC and Tellurium Blue II.

I originally used Rega Duet speaker cable and two Rega Couple interconnects. I replaced the Duet with TQ Black II and didn't notice any difference. I've since replaced that with EWA LS40 (and now LS80 after the demo tour). I've also replaced the Couple interconnects with two sets of EWA IC25. The interconnects weren't such a noticeable upgrade as the speaker cable, but my system sounds better than before with all these cables in place, so they are staying.

There was a set of the LS40 in the Classifieds the other day if you wanted to try it - not sure if it's still there (no affiliation!).

When I used the Apollo I found little if no difference between the provided cables and other brands. I just kept the originals on.

advertisement

Back