advertisement

Which Fuji lens for wide-open pussy shots?

Thanks Joe. I was hoping for the background to be thrown out a smidge more than that with the 23, but it is better than the iPhone with its deliberately maHOOsive DoF (as below).

That's a lovely looking dog Milan :)

I've decided that I want the all-round flexibility of the 23 F2 and ordered one today. If I'm still getting a lot of use out of the camera in 12 months then I'll think about something with a longer focal length and larger max aperture.

Cheers all.

I've no idea what you are linking to, but it isn't working! The syntax for linking to image files can be found in the FAQ, but basically it needs to be a simple URL to a file, i.e. a path ending in .jpg .gif or whatever.

I've no idea what you are linking to, but it isn't working! The syntax for linking to image files can be found in the FAQ, but basically it needs to be a simple URL to a file, i.e. a path ending in .jpg .gif or whatever.
Thanks for the heads-up Tony. I know how to link photos and don't usually have a problem, but this time its from my own shared Google folder which I haven't tried before. They show up OK for me!

Let me check...OK, not sure why my Google public folder isn't working properly so I've changed them to links.

Edit: I think I've sorted it with a flickr account!

The links are working. Nice cat.

PS I've just put mine out in the snow which pissed her right off. She's been mooching around inside all day. I'm amazed how long cats can go without toilet facilities, about a day in the case of this one, maybe more, but that's all I'm prepared to risk!

Unregistered,

I was hoping for the background to be thrown out a smidge more than that with the 23…
The X100 has a 23mm f/2 so you will get a bit more blur with the f/1.4 version of that lens. But if you really want the background blurred you'll want a fast 35mm lens or one with an even longer focal length.

Joe

The 35/1.4 is a great lens for general use, and I can't say I use the 1.4 much if at all, so a 35/2 WR version sounds like a useful thing to me.

Here's bandit listening to a bit of Coltrane

DSCF1943 by Cesare Ferrari, on Flickr

Meanwhile, here's a narrow DOF shot of smokey, with an 85/1.8 on medium format, so that'd be around a 50/1 in 35mm money. He was trying to work out whether to go for the camera strap that was dangling or not. He didn't, it was too much effort.

MMFC2074 by Cesare Ferrari, on Flickr

I love the narrow DOF shots, they work really well. The one of the kitten is purrfect.

Oh, God, sometimes I despair. It really is a nice shot.

advertisement

Back