advertisement

Which ennio morricone album?

roman

pfm Member
A chance hearing on a classical radio station has had my kids humming the music from ' the good the bad and the ugly' which I adore.

I remember the crushing disappointment of buying a soundtrack album that sounded nothing like the breathless surging excitement of the original and am looking to avoid repeating the error.

If possible the album should also contain the ' fistful of dollars' and ' for a few dollars more' soundtracks.

Anyone been down this road?

I have only "Once Upon A Time in The West" - great album. Love all his stuff that I have ever heard.

Does any kind of compilation/best of exist? I have only ever seen or heard full soundtracks.

I have this (3 copies)

Ennio Morricone And His Orchestra* ‎– Music From The Original Sound Tracks Of "A Fistful Of Dollars" & "For A Few Dollars More"
Label:
RCA Camden ‎– CDS 1052
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Compilation, Reissue
UK
Released:
Genre:
Jazz, Stage & Screen
Style:
Soundtrack, Theme, Contemporary Jazz, Easy Listening

The sound quality is good.

This also sounds great. I only have one of these...

Ennio Morricone ‎– The Good, The Bad And The Ugly - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Label:
United Artists Records ‎– SULP 1197, United Artists Records ‎– 1197
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo
UK
Released:
Genre:
Stage & Screen

I have only "Once Upon A Time in The West" - great album. Love all his stuff that I have ever heard.

Does any kind of compilation/best of exist? I have only ever seen or heard full soundtracks.
Yes, I've been looking through some online and trying to work out which ones deliver.

I have this (3 copies)

Ennio Morricone And His Orchestra* ‎– Music From The Original Sound Tracks Of "A Fistful Of Dollars" & "For A Few Dollars More"
Label:
RCA Camden ‎– CDS 1052
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Compilation, Reissue
UK
Released:
Genre:
Jazz, Stage & Screen
Style:
Soundtrack, Theme, Contemporary Jazz, Easy Listening

The sound quality is good.

This also sounds great. I only have one of these...

Ennio Morricone ‎– The Good, The Bad And The Ugly - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Label:
United Artists Records ‎– SULP 1197, United Artists Records ‎– 1197
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo
UK
Released:
Genre:
Stage & Screen
Sounds promising. Do they sound like the movie to you? Jewish harp, electric guitar, vocals etc?

Sounds promising. Do they sound like the movie to you? Jewish harp, electric guitar, vocals etc?

To me it sounds great.

Search youtube.

Here is the album. There are several (sixty ++ issues) pressings. Cheap as chips.

Out of Interest- Jewish/Jews A.K.A 'jaws' harp. I bought one a few years ago. It was labelled 'Jaws' harp.

To me it sounds great.

Search youtube.

Here is the album. There are several (sixty ++ issues) pressings. Cheap as chips.

Out of Interest- Jewish/Jews A.K.A 'jaws' harp. I bought one a few years ago. It was labelled 'Jaws' harp.
Jaws harp makes sense.

I only have 'The Mission' and love the track Gabriel's Oboe. Not really one for film soundtracks, I think the only other one I have is 2001 A space odyssey.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly soundtrack is fabulous. I have it on the hard disk in the car, it's very entertaining to have on when I'm driving through some of the more remote parts of NZ's South Island for work, especially the Trio. NB, it's worth making sure you get the extended version; the Trio is truncated on some releases.

As an aside, you could checkout Zorn's The Big Gundown. Lots of fun! Have a good weekend, guys.

Zorn-TheBigGundown.jpg

I am devastated. He was an important part of my life. I spent two afternoons with him in March 1974

advertisement

Back