advertisement

Which CD Player is Better to Buy Under £ 500

I have a beautiful Kenwood transport that has a wonderful transport..... but you cant get lasers for them anymore. So its useless. I personally would buy an inexpensive new transport and a dac.

Is that the DPX 9010?

I have been using Primare amplification and cd players for 25 years and in terms of performance and reliability, its 10 out of 10. Superb build quality as well.
I decided to buy. I bought ... ta-taa .. Primare CD31. The price was very tempting. When I connected this CD player to my system, I heard a crystal clear reference sound that I hadn’t heard in my home before. It seems to me that this guy is even playing too well! :D I really hope it doesn't break quickly. I'm tired of looking for repairmen.

I decided to buy. I bought ... ta-taa .. Primare CD31. The price was very tempting. When I connected this CD player to my system, I heard a crystal clear reference sound that I hadn’t heard in my home before. It seems to me that this guy is even playing too well! :D I really hope it doesn't break quickly. I'm tired of looking for repairmen.
I has the CD31 for several years and not a problem. I later 'upgraded' to the CD32, but the difference was minimal. Enjoyed every minute I had with the CD31

Congrats! Enjoy!

Yes Rusty

I have one of those, bought it in 1991, to use with the original 203. They do sound happiest when hooked up to a warmish sounding DAC, however, the Arcam Black Box, preferably modded, was ideal.

Mine has a weird fault, it reads the TOC quickly and plays tracks no problem, but the music is overlaid by crackly distortion, on both coax and optical.

This is something I would normally associate with a DAC problem, so very strange.

I have recently got myself a Denon DCD1500ae which I find to be really good !

It’s build quality is pretty high and it spins extremely quietly too

I like Meridian players, particularly the 500 series, many of which can be purchased within budget. The Meridian Unplugged forum is a good place to pick up some well cared for examples. I got my 507 from there, it had seen very little use during the 2 years it had been out of the box and was then replaced with a DVD player. It's as good as new, nice build and sounds sweet.

was using a rotel cd11 tribute yesterday . nice looking thing and very good price . only slight irritation is one has to put ones finger under the cd to lift it out. a minor irritation, certainly impressed while playing

agreed . and if you dont like slot loaders get a new marantz 6007 , for the money they are superb . they make not match the 3k sacd players they make but they are mighty good for the bargain price of 400 quid new

advertisement

Back