advertisement

Which CD only release would you like on vinyl.

Kathryn Williams, Relations.

I love that record. A collection of covers, sublimely recast. The sound of a needle on shellac, and some crackles and pops, is all it lacks.

Try this, compadres:

PJ Harvey - Rid of Me. Yes there is the 1993 LP release but it's so expensive it may as well not exist. Weird it hasn't been re-issued yet.

Would love to see vinyl releases of the nineties albums of Jack Hardy.

Jack Hardy was a folk singer from Greenwich Village. He was a pivotal figure of the Greenwich Village folk music scene, a teacher and mentor, and the founding editor of Fast Folk Musical Magazine. Jack Hardy died of lung cancer in 2011.

In the nineties he recorded several albums for the Swiss Brambus label that were released on CD only:
Through (1990)
Civil Wars (1994)
The Passing (1997)
Omens (2000)

ECM to release Nils Petter Molvaer Khmer on vinyl.....yusssss! If the CD is anything to go by this will give yer system a shakedown.

There is very little (these days) that I find of interest that is not available on vinyl, and I’m honestly struggling to think of something.

I'd like to see Fiona Apple's albums more widely reissued on vinyl. I'd love to have a high quality copy of Tidal or When the Pawn.. on vinyl. Was only ever done by VMP I think.

There is a few I can think of but these two fantastic albums really deserve a good mastering and pressing to the black stuff:

Masters of Reality with Ginger Baker on drums, brilliant album! One of the very few rock albums he made asmost were jazz or African music. If you dont have it hunt it down on CD, even on CD is not a common find.

41fz2paRTTL.jpg

Then there is this absolutely inspired and brillaint album from Meshell Ndegeocello

81t0K0VbQWL._SL1307_.jpg

Would love to see a vinyl release of Pat MacDonald's debut album "Pat MacDonald Sleeps with His Guitar".

Pat MacDonald was the leader of the Madison/Wisconsin duo Timbuk 3, who released six albums between 1986 and 1995.
After their breakup in 1995, Pat MacDonald went solo and released his debut album "Sleeps with His Guitar" on Ark 21 Records in 1997.

R-7852301-1450181742-8707.jpeg.jpg

More wood by Paul Weller. Also if someone could get round to doing a
Re-issue of The Bees sunshine hit me that would be great.

Dion - Bronx in Blue

I have written to those that be and their reply was "no chance". Bar stewards.

advertisement

Back