advertisement

Which CD only release would you like on vinyl.

blossomchris

I feel better than James Brown
For me it would have to be one of the Necks from a while ago.
What about you?

Bloss

Ps. good sq taken for granted.

Probably none at all
If they are on cd only, they are most likely digital recordings and the vinyl experience will have been washed out of them ..

Probably none at all
If they are on cd only, they are most likely digital recordings and the vinyl experience will have been washed out of them ..

You would think so but this is not necessarily the case. Music is usually mastered differently for LP and many later recordings (digital era) can have a different feel/sound/quality depending on format.

For example I am friends with a musician called Mordecai Smyth who records for the great Mega Dodo label. He bought his latest release round on three different formats at various points in its development. First was a CDr he burned at home, second a CD professionally mastered ready for release and finally a test pressing of the LP (mastered by the same person who prepared the CD). Each sounded different with, to our surprise, the LP sounding best of all and it was all digitally recorded in Mordecai's home studio.

Mordecai Smyth

Gary Karr Adagio D'Albinoni

I'd love a copy
Originally a limited run on vinyl was produced
Now super rare on the used market

Hawkwind's Levitation was recorded on digital before compact discs were even on the market as were a good number of other albums, so you wouldn't by them because of that?

I Mother Earth... "Scenery and Fish" would be good on vinyl.

My copy of Acoustic Alchemy was badly warped many years ago and I've been looking since then to replace, and strangely enough I managed to find a copy on Discogs at a very reasonable price only two days ago. Still waiting on delivery.

The Durutti Column's "Obey The Time". Promo-only LPs were made but AFAIK no general release on vinyl. This was the album that persuaded me to buy a CD player.

R-72274-1174043874.jpeg.jpg

:)

Three albums that Jeff Beck put out. Jeff, You Had It Coming and Who Else!
Vinyl releases would be nice.

Regards

Chas.

advertisement

Back