advertisement

Wheres me damn 35mm!

garyi

leave blank
I tell you this must be like the rarest still in production lens in the world.

Anyhow to salve my pain I have been on the look out for a reasonable large zoom. I had a brief affair with a shit Conica job which went 100-300 but it was terrible slow to focus and well just terrible.

I also have a Vivitar 80-200mm Which is actually quite nice, but manual so a lot of stuff on the D50 is lost.

In the end I put a bid in on this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7601928862&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

I had read about the D version but its a bit pricey for me. Its worth pointing out I don't intend to get arty with this thing I am thinking shots of birds in the garden etc.

It arrived the very next day and I have to say I am chuffed to bits. It still not the quickest zoom ever but heck it seems to take a lovely shot, the pictures are really 3D is the best I can describe them, reasonable out of focus blur and a pleasure to use.

Here is a quicky, I am kind of stuck in the house waiting for carpet to be fitted in the new baby room so can't go and explore.

poppy.jpg

Anyway back to waiting for my damn prime lens.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
One of Nikon's best lenses is the 80-200/f2.8 -- although it's heavy, slow and expensive.

Matthew

PS Cute dog. Dogs own cats.

True enough although this dog is smaller than most cats haha.

Yea I read about that one as well, but again beyond my skills or what I could hope to do with it.

Yea I read about that one as well, but again beyond my skills or what I could hope to do with it.
Grow into it until you find that the lens is limiting the quality of your photos rather than your skill at using your kit?

I thought that cats own dogs and humans, but are so cunning that they let us believe that we own them. Such is their collective wily ways...

igary.

why do you need all these lenses? you should only be shooting with a 50mm (well, a 35mm on your digital will be equivalent) prime until you learn things properly. in fact, that's what i still do 85% of the time.

here's some pics from saturday taken with one prime lens:
http://qstatistic.com/foto/new/ds2_day1.htm

vuk.

Thanks Vuk you are of course right. However I find things of interest that I like to take shots of which as I mentioned are not ever going to be professional. We have been visited for instance by a firecrest bird in the garden who eats down the other end a 50mm is not going to capture the uks smallest bird.

I have an AF 35mm prime on order, I have had one on order for going on 7 weeks from various sellers and I still don't have the bloody thing.

This will eventually leave me with three lenses, the stock D50 lens, useful as its an 18-55 good widish angles. the 35mm and the lens talked about here.

I thought that was a fair conclusion.

(H)iGary, I've been meaning to ask; where did you get that dog? I may want one just like it.

Well she was sort of a rescue. A guy had split from his wife and didn't want the dog.

We paid 250 for her which is around the going rate.

I know of a black and white terrier bitch coming up from good stock 200 quid.

igary.

you can get your wide and your long here:
http://www.cameraquest.com/Voigt SL.htm

you should hurry because the line has been discontinued in favour of the higher-priced (but not necessarily any better) stuff that zeiss-cosina are starting to make and there's hardly any stock left. that 75mm color heliar looks delightful.

also, stephen gandy is a very reliable person to deal with.

vuk.

Thanks Vuk, but I am having enough trouble getting my lens from within the UK.

Microglobe promised me end of this week. So I will wait till then.

igary.

these are not nikon lenses, but something very special and at a very good prices.

vuk.

Dogs are man's best friend.

Cats will secretly plot to kill you then sell your house.

The only thing worse than cats are penguins (which are pur unmitigted evil).

Well, obvisouly, no. Penguins run cat operatives from their base under antarctica -- if you have cats you are probably answering to a penguin and just don't know it.

Chicks see guys with dogs and they flirt.

This doesn't happen if you're out walking a cat.

PS- iGary, nice to see another pic of your pup.

advertisement

Back