advertisement

When the Cirkus comes to town....

spet0114

REMPI Member
Hi Folks,

Just a quick question about the Cirkus upgrade that Linn used to/still do* supply for the LP12, specifically, which bits came with the kit?

Obviously the sub-chassis and main bearing are a 'given', and I'm presuming that the spindle/inner platter assembly did too. However, that's where my guesswork ends. Did the kit include a new outer platter, were there new springs and grommits? Any other bits?

Any info appreciated!

Cheers
Adrian

* Delete as appropriate

Current Cirkus kit for LP12, kit includes inner platter & spindle, bearing housing, bonded subchassis, multi-ply laminate armboard, two belts, full set of springs & grommets and replacement oil.

Oh, as above. To be honest, this information takes about 10 seconds of Google time to locate.

You can buy all the bits separately though - including the bearing.

Aah, seems others have beaten me to the punch as to what you get.

Now the debate about the pre CirKus being better!

To be honest, this information takes about 10 seconds of Google time to locate.

If that'd been the case, I wouldn't have posted the question. I spent about 15 mins hunting around and kept getting redirected to a series of interminable arguements on the Linn forum about the merits, or lack thereof, of the cirkus bearing.

Nevertheless, thanks for answering, which I presume also took about 10 seconds? :)

Cheers
Adrian

Hi Folks,

A follow-up question, if I may? Assuming that one had an early-80s deck, which was then fitted with the Cirkus kit. This'd mean replacing the armboard. Is there a way to tell the Cirkus-era armboard from the earlier one?

Cheers
Adrian

the later armboard has three laminate plys and you can see the sandwich in profile.

earlier ones just have a top and bottom.

I've been self medikating with whisky and Lemsip (I quite like it).

I like the Kontainer idea :).

advertisement

Back