advertisement

What's your favourite Sunday morning smoothie?

Sunny Sunday-Songs In The Key Of Life-Stevie Wonder

Rainy Sunday-Songs Of Love And Hate-Leonard Cohen

Stormy Sunday-Songs For The Deaf-Queens Of The Stone Age

Hungover Sunday-Songs For Drella-Lou Reed & John Cale

Sunny Sunday-Songs In The Key Of Life-Stevie Wonder

Rainy Sunday-Songs Of Love And Hate-Leonard Cohen

Stormy Sunday-Songs For The Deaf-Queens Of The Stone Age

Hungover Sunday-Songs For Drella-Lou Reed & John Cale

Sunday Morning Sunrise - Kevin Coyne

I'm currently enjoying this orchestra-lite version of Mahler's Das Lied Von Der Erde. Although it's scaled back compared to the full score, all the ingredients are there all the same, but smoother. Smooth like a Sunday morning smoothie :)

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
John Martyn's One World or Bach's Cello Suites say Sunday Morning to me. The wife likes to put on Pearl Jam, which I'm not quite so keen on. The boy insists on Yello.

Shelby Lynne's Just a Little Lovin'. Great interpretations (and one original) and a sympathetic production by the much missed Phil Ramone. An under rated performer with a tragic,fascinating personal history.

I don’t usually get to bed until after 4.00am on a Sunday morning thanks to being the local entertainment, I don’t drink when I’m worked so I end up driving friends home too. I don’t usually get up until about 10.30am and I’m still a bit of a zombie at that point but after an hour and a couple of Nespressos, I either stick Classic FM on or listen to something like Christopher Cross (self titled album), Joan Armatrading (self titled album) Rickie Lee Jones (self titled album), Chris Isaak - Heart Shaped World, Joni Mitchell - Blue... and other similar kinds of things.

'Late Lament' Paul Desmond

If feeling a bit livelier, anything from Crusell/Weber/Mozart Clarinet Concertos, or Mozart Pian Concertos. (Or even Concerti..)

More rarely,the delightfully dark Othello Overture. (Dvorak)

David Sylvia’s solo albums cut it in a Sunday morning and of course VU’s song Sunday Morning (not the whole album obviously!)

advertisement

Back