advertisement

What's wrong with these people (ParcelForce)

Are you seriously?
Your ParcelForce is unable to deliver a released package from Coventry to Sutton Coldfield in 2 weeks, and isn't able to release and deliver a parcel in 1 month and 3 weeks after entering your country and somehow the ugly Europeans are at fault?

Pardon my french, but I getting extremely pissed over this.
Eh? The problem I write about is in Germany.

Eh? The problem I write about is in Germany.
Sorry, losing my patience with the world. But the problem I'm writing about is in UK and UK part of the trip only is being problematic here.
Not released from customs for 1 month and 1 week. And even than not delivered from local depot for 2 weeks.

Sorry, losing my patience with the world. But the problem I'm writing about is in UK and UK part of the trip only is being problematic here.
Not released from customs for 1 month and 1 week. And even than not delivered from local depot for 2 weeks.
I feel your pain. That is why I posted my experience.

FWIW, I have had no issue with UPS and DHL parcels received from Germany over the last two months, but UPS Netherlands... I got sick of writing to them to try and figure out where a 3-day delivery parcel was. The company even sent another package and had the initial one returned and that was also delayed. Took over a month, and during that time I received 6 UPS 'your delivery is due tomorrow' emails that never came. Terrible situation.

Interesting to see it isn't just UPS though and others are having issues too. UPS blamed Brexit too but I can't see how that led to there system emailing incorrect delivery dates.

Witch Hat contacted Parcelforce yesterday, of course they told them that the parcel will be out for delivery today. Of course it is not.

We have regualr parcels with all couriers coming in and out of France, UK and Germany. I am fairly sure customs departments across Germany are pushing parcels from UK to the back of the queues. It's really bad with UPS and DHL, Here's 5 grand of stock from UK, stuck in customs for a month:

My experience also.

Lost thousands since Jan on 'item not arrived' cases. DPD are an utter nightmare and Germany and Italy being the worst for customs.

Had no issues with parcels to me from Europe.

My experience also.

Lost thousands since Jan on 'item not arrived' cases. DPD are an utter nightmare and Germany and Italy being the worst for customs.

Had no issues with parcels to me from Europe.
Right. Interesting to know. We don't send from Uk to Italy much so I am not aware of that.

Overall I would say the German postal system is the most unhelpful and inhuman of them all, it was like this before brexit. If things fall outside the design of the processes and procedures, they just reject stuff and seem to think none if it is their fault.

Overall I would say the German postal system is the most unhelpful and inhuman of them all, it was like this before brexit. If things fall outside the design of the processes and procedures, they just reject stuff and seem to think none if it is their fault.
That's a pretty good summary of Germany in general.

I've found there is nothing to choose between delivery services generally in as far as all are equally likely to make a mistake/lose/damage your parcel. All are only as good as the weakest link which is the specific employee who drops/throws/steals your parcel. How they then deal with the dispute is what matters and they're all diabolically bad with Hermes prob the worst.

Update: finally delivered.

11/3/2021 sent
23/3/2021 arrived in UK
26/4/2021 Released from customs and received at Coventry depot
13/5/2021 delivered

Regrettably the staff at Parcel Force, like Royal Mail continue to behave as if they were still nationalised, ie the mentality is that the organisation exists primarily for the benefit of the workforce, and customers are not treated as the source of income, but as a nuisance to be treated with contempt

That mentality still exists to an extent with the railways, and a number of other companies which were previously state- owned, eg BT, and a number of the utility companies

Simon

Royal Mail have now adopted the Hermes strategy; I had a delivery of probably £50 of a record and alcohol (yeah I know!) scheduled for today. I watched the Postie drive up and deliver to another house then drive off. I popped downstairs and there was a red card in the letterbox to say they'd rung the bell and the parcels were in the bin shed.
In fairness to the guys delivering, they are probably subject to the same ridiculous timescales now they have taken on all these parcels from Amazon etc. but it's far from ideal.

Regrettably the staff at Parcel Force, like Royal Mail continue to behave as if they were still nationalised, ie the mentality is that the organisation exists primarily for the benefit of the workforce, and customers are not treated as the source of income, but as a nuisance to be treated with contempt
The guy who usually drives the Parcelforce van here is nothing like that. Don't tar them all with the same brush.

The irony with these delivery company's is that they claim customer care as their priority ( NOT ) DHL operate a insurance system (scam) where they make an offer lower than the insured value and the cost of repair. I the past I have rated them for delivery but my bitter experience means I would never use them again under any circumstances .

Find a good parcel company and they will be taken over soon enough by a conglomerate!

Update: finally delivered.

11/3/2021 sent
23/3/2021 arrived in UK
26/4/2021 Released from customs and received at Coventry depot
13/5/2021 delivered

Final update

The journey back via UPS was much better:

15/06/2021 - Shipped
22/06/2021 - Delivered

So very reasonable 1 week, including customs formalities.

advertisement

Back