advertisement

What's wrong with these people (ParcelForce)

Howdy

pfm Member
I'm just fishing for some kind or angry words. I'm getting desperate here.

I described the whole process in the Post-Brexit shipping thread (my amp on the way to WitchHat since 11/3/2021). I'd like to focus on this detail here. I've been very patient, expecting huge brexit/covid delays, but now... I'm lost for words:

We have now been able to schedule your parcel for delivery. This will normally be the next working day.

Item tracking history
Date Time Location Tracking event
28/4/2021 13:31 Coventry Depot Delivery scheduled

Fedex are equally shite,Ordered some fish two weeks ago for delivery bank holiday Friday. I expect there is a very smelly package in their warehouse. In the four weeks previous to this I had two next day parcels via Fedex which took five days to arrive.

Not ParcelForce, but a parcel that arrived in the UK mid-February was delivered here today.

All part of the Brexit fiasco.
I won't tempt fate, but the betting is good that if I placed the same order today, the parcel would be here (from Spain) in 5-10 days. The systems are gradually falling into place.

A parcel we sent to Denmark in early April was delivered on Saturday. Back here.

Presumably due to incorrect paperwork somewhere along the way?

Maybe not you, but plenty of people still have not grasped that much of the trade between the EU and UK now requires endless paperwork and in cases of food, plants etc., needs veterinary/plant health clearance, or my be straight-forward and simple, illegal.

Have you contacted the CEO of ParcelForce? I recently emailed the CEO of Curry's. A long-standing issue was resolved within 48-hours.

No, only been in contact with Jonathan, Humera and Lynda. I thought of contacting your prime minister, since he's an expert on letter boxes and looks a lot like a postie, but I misplaced his phone number, anyone?

We have regualr parcels with all couriers coming in and out of France, UK and Germany. I am fairly sure customs departments across Germany are pushing parcels from UK to the back of the queues. It's really bad with UPS and DHL, Here's 5 grand of stock from UK, stuck in customs for a month:

https://www.ups.com/WebTracking?loc...Y4F6854290042,1Z166Y4F6852685058/trackdetails

While waiting we have had a box from China delivered by UPS in 10 days. It smells rotten what is going on.

France is not so bad but to be fair, going into Uk is normally really fast.

We're having a good experience with Fedex only in Germany.

We have regualr parcels with all couriers coming in and out of France, UK and Germany. I am fairly sure customs departments across Germany are pushing parcels from UK to the back of the queues. It's really bad with UPS and DHL, Here's 5 grand of stock from UK, stuck in customs for a month:

https://www.ups.com/WebTracking?loc...Y4F6854290042,1Z166Y4F6852685058/trackdetails

While waiting we have had a box from China delivered by UPS in 10 days. It smells rotten what is going on.

France is not so bad but to be fair, going into Uk is normally really fast.

We're having a good experience with Fedex only in Germany.
I wonder if the problem is more that the UK end still hasn’t got the hang of the paperwork, whereas China, etc, has been using it for years so has it down pat?

I wonder if the problem is more that the UK end still hasn’t got the hang of the paperwork, whereas China, etc, has been using it for years so has it down pat?
Th paperwork is only a CN23 or CN22 for envelope sized parcels. So our suppliers fill them in, decent companies with years of export experience in and outside the EU. The disaster paperwork only ever comes with Chinese boxes. And it still gets through OK, as we get messages from the courier asking us to sort the gaps out.

We have regualr parcels with all couriers coming in and out of France, UK and Germany. I am fairly sure customs departments across Germany are pushing parcels from UK to the back of the queues.

Are you seriously?
ParcelForce is unable to deliver a released package from Coventry to Sutton Coldfield in 2 weeks, and isn't able to release and deliver a parcel in 1 month and 3 weeks after entering UK and somehow the ugly Europeans are at fault?

Pardon my french, but I getting extremely pissed over this.

advertisement

Back