advertisement

What's the last piece of Hifi you sold?

The last thing I sold was a pioneer pd6100 CD player back in… 1995? Since then, everything I’ve acquired I’ve kept. I really need to start selling again - I’m in a happy place with my hifi now, but have so many lovely things that someone else should be enjoying. I’m just a bit hopeless at or organising the sale of something.
I tend to keep things thinking I’ll re-deploy them somewhere… but when you have more full systems than rooms in your house, you had to be realistic about it… my friend pestered me to sell her the Linn stuff above and ultimately I let it go for a token amount… glad I did because I get to enjoy it myself when I visit. It is a waste to leave kit sitting redundant really.

Naim nap 135s sold a few years back. Late olives. Serviced. Liked them a lot actually. That was my 3rd pair over many years. Shown the door by a Densen B330+ though. Obviously better . Did numerous AB's. So wanted to keep the 135s as was using a Cds3 and Nac 52. Could not justify keeping really. Also my Exposure 18 super monos are rather close to 135s performance wise, imo. Was another reason to sell them at that time.
The prices asked for them these days are very high indeed. If i'd hung on to mine they would have been in 'due service' territory now. Yet another reason I punted them.

Last edited:
Rega Saturn-R (problems) and a Cambridge CXC V2 transport.

After testing an Atoll DR200 Signature, the only thing left was to sell the Cambridge.

I tend to keep things thinking I’ll re-deploy them somewhere… but when you have more full systems than rooms in your house, you had to be realistic about it… my friend pestered me to sell her the Linn stuff above and ultimately I let it go for a token amount… glad I did because I get to enjoy it myself when I visit. It is a waste to leave kit sitting redundant really.
Totally agree. I need to sort myself out.

Croft 25R, because I preferred the sound of the Radford SC22 with my STA15. I think I’ve seen it pass through several pairs of hands via the classifieds here since then.

Quite a few years ago NAC 42.5 NAP 140 and Epos ES14 with proper stands to an old mate. Still miss the ES14s at times.

Still have a fair bit I should sell.
Used to be my case - enough kit in cupboards to create a second system. Sold quite a lot, gave a pre, power and Blu-ray to a friend to go with her speakers, gave a Denon dp2000 with Technoarm to another friend.

Down to cables now...

and a Sony TTS3000 with a 12 inch Linn Ittok that have lain unused for far too long.

Quad 303 (Amplabs & Joe Henry modified) - I have too many amplifiers atm so something had to go. Great amplifier though.
PTP5 Lenco & Jelco SA-750EB tone arm - Sold but the poor guy had health issues
so it’ll be back up at some point. - I replaced it with a rega P8
Rega Fono MM - Temporary purchase so surplus to requirements.
Oyaide carbon fibre head shell
VDH tone arm cable

Rotel RCD-855, replaced by the CD11 Tribute

....and the RCD-855 has come back! Buyer claimed it wouldn't read discs, wouldn't shuffle or repeat tracks and "clunked". I doubted this - it had gone off safely in full original packaging, with transit bolts in place. Lo & behold, it's back and, unsurprisingly, working perfectly. I think the buyer just had a change of mind....

Thought about relisting it, but having been hit for shipping charges once, not sure I can be bothered. It's such a sweet sounding player, I think it'll replace the ageing Sony in the man-cave....

advertisement

Back