advertisement

What's The Last Bit Of Audio Equipment You Have Bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we forget how vast the states are, there has to be seven or eight within a fifteen mile radius of me, some more centred on AV than others but all offering two channel audio.

And I'm in the capital city of my state...

There are dealers in this town, but while some of them may list some 2-channel brands on their line sheets, they only demonstrate AV, install-audio, environmental-audio, lifestyle-audio type gear.

A Myryad Z40 Headphone Amp, which arrived this afternoon.

I'd wondered about the quality of the MDAC's built in pre-amp for a while, and at less than 25% of the original Z40 mrp I thought 'Why not?'

Already very impressed (with HD650s) - more of everything. Chuffed to bits, as they used to say.

Until now 'phones have come a poor second to speakers, used mainly for higher volume listening when neighbours are at home. Not any more.

Oppo 203, really versatile Universal Disc player and basic but useful A/V pre-pro. You can use it as a straight disc player, a DLNA control point for streaming, and you can use the HDMI input to connect, say, a chromecast for streaming Qobuz, Netflix or whatever. The built in dac takes some beating, I think.

Chord Hugo 2. The Hugo was good, this thing is even better sounding plus I get full remote control and filters to play with.

After more than 30 years of not owning any Naim gear (not entirely true, got a Nait 5i in storage for years) just bought a NAP72, Avondale TPX1, and a NAP140 to replace a Linn Wakonda and Linn LK140.

Spread Spectrum Technology Son of Ampzilla II.

After 25+ years of NOT having a solid-state amp, I figured I'd give it a try. A nice amp for someone, just not me. I couldn't wait to put my Berning amp back in the system.

A Yamaha GT-2000 turntable in a sad state after it was damaged in shipping on its way from Japan to the original buyer.

A pair of Yamaha NS-550 speakers that need a repair to one of their 'ear-shaped' drivers.

Thanks Ray,
Things are good, although I have recently succumbed to a shoe addiction and while not in your league seem to have amassed quite a few pairs from the Northampton manufacturers!

Thanks Ray,
Things are good, although I have recently succumbed to a shoe addiction and while not in your league seem to have amassed quite a few pairs from the Northampton manufacturers!
You too, eh? I keep finding myself at the altar of C&J. Getting to be quite expensive! At least they will last for many years. Up to five pairs now!

Reactions: Tel
A return to a Thorens TT: a renovated Thorens TD 147 Jubilee with the golden top and auto stop.
I owned a Thorens TD 160 Mkii (modified to Super status) and sold it to get hold of a high-endish Amazon Refernz. Now I have handed that fine deck over to a dealer to sell it for me and bought this new-looking Thorens as a stop-gap. However, I have a feeling that this may be a keeper. I will have to se how it does with my Mørch arm and Benz Micro Gullwing.

I am a little apprehensive to say it but a Vovox Textura XLR interconnect!
Ah, a little cable banter has not done anyone here away yet. I have just filled my glass with Italian wine and am awaiting the onslaught. OOPS .. forgot the smiley::p

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back