advertisement

What's Opposite to the Naim sound?

I have never, so far, heard a Naim system - and I've heard a number - which seemed to me to be hard in the treble.
I've also heard a lot of live music of all kind in my life, in the last 35 years on a daily basis, and I still think that Naim - with all its flaws - sounds like real music more than anything else I know.
This has nothing to do with harsh or mellow or warm. Live music - live acoustic music - is never mellow. It's simply a matter of choosing the sound one prefers in the home, remembering that it may not have anything in common with how music sounds in the real world.
On the other hand, if one wanted real music in the real world he/she wouldn't spend his/her time sitting in front of a stereo, and this is true for me too, of course.

I've been generously lent a 'Music Angel' valve amp with phono inputs and want to make sure I'm connecting correctly to the 4pin DIN output from my olive flatcap.

Can anyone comment on the connectivity? I'm more than happy with making up a lead, but would rather find one - and haven't so far.

Thanks,
Andrew.

advertisement

Back