advertisement

What were you doing when they landed on the Moon ?

I was two but apparently my parents bought a television especially for the event and our house had most of the street inside that night.

I was 6 1/2 and my parents woke me up to watch it and although the grainy black and white pic wasn’t great I still remember it.

I was at boarding school and the head had us woken in the middle of the night to watch it.
Good call we were all well impressed.

I was a 19 year old student doing a degree in maths, statistics and computing science at Woolwich Polytechnic. I can't remember what I was doing at the time of the actual landing, but I'm slightly ashamed to say that I can remember being miffed during the weeks prior to the launch at being dragged along to extra lectures on rocketry and transfer orbits put on by, it seemed to me at the time, an overenthusiastic lecturer in ballistics. What an ungrateful pleb I was!

Saw it at boarding school in the Lecture Theatre on a smallish black and white television. Can't remember if I shared a spliff out in the grounds beforehand, but it would make sense.

Jack

I was 18 and stayed up all night for it.

And I never would have thought that my 3 kids aged 32, 30 and 27 have not seen a return yet in their lifetimes.

Last edited:
I was six, but can remember seeing the re-runs in the day time. I was (and have remained) rather obsessed by it.

I was 11 then and it was the first time in my life that I stayed up all night.
I still remember watching it, a major life event

advertisement

Back