advertisement

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

Hegel C55 amp which replaced a smoking Classe Audio CAV-180

I wonder how many other C55's there are in the country?

2nd hand Epos M12i speakers. I paid cash on collection and lumped the heavy box from North London to South London. walking, trains, wallking and buses. Not a pleasant journey, with many stops to rest my arms. The very last was a Sony JE480 minidisc player that I wanted for the drive unit to replace the unit in my very vastly more valuable JB980

Absa-fookingly-nothing now for well over a year, which is record for me, and I kind of like it! Nice to just be thoroughly satisfied and just enjoying the music! Fact is, it probably makes me realize that I could do with a whole lot less and be just as satisfied.

Yes. Probably. But it's harder to actually go backwards than being satisfied with something lesser "on the way up" so as to speak.
Unless you've had a complete change of what you want to hear, or your dealer / system / ears have led you in the wrong direction.
You sound pretty happy where you are though. :)

The last new kit I bought was the Kit Ryan boards, but I've bought a Naim NAC32.5 & a NAXO 2-4 this year too.

Yesterday I downloaded the 1000th album since we entered our first lockdown here in France. 1000 in less than 16 months... now I know what happened to the holiday budget from that year without holidays :)

I've bought quite a few downloads and also subscribed to Qobuz. Also have restrung all 4 of my acoustic guitars, notably the 12-string! Last piece of audio equipment purchased was a Dynavector DV/XX-2 cartridge in 2019 and I'm not feeling any great inclination to upgrade right now.

advertisement

Back