Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

Discussion in 'audio' started by chris turner, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Darren

Darren Doin' the Southern Freeeez

An old Acurus 250 power amplifier. Recapped three years ago. 250w into 8 ohms. Always liked this one. Great period reviews. Hoping for good things.
    Also Sony 222esd. Destined for @Mike P evil clutches!

BrianPK likes this.
  2. Beobloke

Beobloke pfm Member

Not really hi-fi but I couldn't resist this!

[​IMG]

I used to have one in my DJ-ing days and always regretted selling it. Its a Sound Creations unit (no idea who they are/were) but has LAD GAJ835 turntables rather than the usual BSR/Garrard type. The decks also have auto-cueing and this is huge fun to play with. On my old unit one deck was always a bit hit-and-miss but the other used to get it bang on every time!

They haven't half gone up in price though. I bought the last one on eBay over 20 years ago and was the only bidder - I won it for 99p. This one cost rather more, although @Marchbanks eBay 10% off code was a help - thankyou sir!

Rosewind and narabdela like this.
  3. cj66

cj66 pfm Member

I had a big box of MDs and only a basic portable player for them.
    Enter an optical out unit that can take advantage of my DAC...

[​IMG]

A few turntable bits, lower end, are next...

4. jonnoshore

jonnoshore physicist, engineer and healer

New.. Arcam SR250.

Secondhand... Musical Fidelity A1.