advertisement

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

Clear sound, better PRaT.
Very good value for money.
VDH and Naim allways had the same distributors here, very good sinergy between the two in term of power cables and loudspeaker cables.

Collected this lovely Rega RP8/Apheta2 yesterday afternoon. Not had chance to listen to it in my own system yet as my new mc phono stage arrives tomorrow.
52100892349_4ff089d544_c.jpg

I have spent some time just giving it a good wipe down post unboxing and setting up, and giving the lid a going over to take out some light scratches.

Lid before:
52100653886_b39e65e52e_c.jpg

Lid after:
52099623782_1d65bd9c81_c.jpg

A couple of passes over with some AG Paint Renovator did the trick - well worth the 25 mins it took to do.

Now just the wait before I can spin some LPs again.. :)

Quad 303 in virtually mint, unmolested condition for a great price off 2ndhandhifi. Delivered today, looks even better in the flesh than it did in the photos. My little reward for selling off so much kit lately.
Just need to decide what to do with it now. It's over 40 years old so will definitely require a service but do I keep standard or carry out Dada mods or something similar?
TS

AT OC0 XSH cartridge & AT-LH11H headshell to mount it on. Its still going to be 4-6 weeks before my KD 8030 TT is up and running but bit by bit I getting it to what I hope is an optimal set up :)

Chord mojo 2 and 7hz timeless planer iem’s, no genuine “need” for the pair of them as I have AirPods Pro/AirPods max but wanted to see if the hype regarding the both of them was justified and I wanted something a bit different. Have to say I’m rather impressed so far, there’s a genuine audible improvement and I didn’t realise the mojo was so small but it’s very cute and tactile in use. Only been playing with them for a couple of hours but got the mojo operational light show pretty much sussed, not as confusing as I feared. The 7hz timeless sound bloody brilliant and very impressed with them as is. I can see myself getting a poly so I’m not tethered to my iPad/iPhone.

52101035123_7f30435cc4_k.jpg

I got a new headphone amp, Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Diamond Edition. In all honesty, it's not that much of a step up from the built in socket on the Supernait 3, a little wider and a tad more space and the music in general has a little more weight to it. All good things for sure, but it's not night and day.

twVkz7dl.jpg

This on the other hand, has been a revelation! Thanks to all the help, advice and opinions in my P8 vs Gyro thread a while back, I finally picked up a P8 and it's incredible. I'm listening to some Blossom Dearie on it right now and it just sounds so smooth. Absolutely wonderful bit of kit!

tTntUaUl.jpg

A s/h Naim Unitiqute, but that was about 6 years ago... :rolleyes: Been HiFi-systemless ever since. (due to various reasons)
Currently only using a s/h Sonos Connect hooked up to a Marshall Stanmore amp. (only doing duty for background music every now and then)

Lately though, the HiFi-virus seems to have gotten me. I'm missing the musical involvement that a nice HiFi setup can bring, so, hopefully within the next few months... :rolleyes::)

Alco! Good to see you back. Been wondering how you have been for quite sometime, trust all is well with you!

Two APTITLIG chopping boards as floor protectors/plinths under my SCM40s for when the new flooring goes down in the living room, did a similar thing with granite chopping boards in our previous house and really helped with reducing the flooring acting like a sounding board.

A Furutech GT2 USB cable out of sheer curiosity, as of all the audiophile cables I'm most skeptical about usb and ethernet. But now that I've heard the effects of other cables I thought I'd have a bit of fun. Certified USB but claimed audiophile magic. 25% off at MCRU. It replaces a cheap Fisual Havana cable and I also have some cheap-but-robust Lindy cables to compare.

Just ordered Audioquest yukon interconnects extremely impressed by the Mackenzie i have.

An ALPS16 volume pot off Amazon and a hefty little 2 Way speaker switching unit called a 'Demion Pro Gold Speaker 2' that also has 2x 6.5mm stereo headphone sockets on it. £40 all in including postage. Combined with a SP19 4 way audio control, and, voila, the cheapest passive preamp and headphone amp in town. And it all sounds great.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Nothing exciting - couple of bits for the shed ;)
Already have a cast-off system for music while I work but wanted something for the desktop for watching a bit of telly when TBH is using the home office.
I had an ancient Yamaha active thing but it was starting to rot.

Firstly I got a little Fosi chip amp - £55 and much better than the Topping TP20 I had years back.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071XQGYRJ/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Secondly a pair of Apple/Harman Kardon globes off of the olden days (£33).
Pretty much untouched by time, new wire soldered in and good to go - sound splendid !!

shed stuff by mik tec, on Flickr

Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back