Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

Discussion in 'audio' started by chris turner, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Gervais Cote

Gervais Cote Predator

And you will get another 6 months of uncertainties trying to get rid any of the 3 !!!

2. freefallrob

freefallrob pfm Member

Rega RS1's.

3. backtovinyl

backtovinyl pfm Member

Tannoy System 12 DMT's in, Celestion Ditton 66's now banished to the spare room :)

eevo1969 and calorgas like this.
  4. Kostas

Kostas pfm Member

Preparing for my new turntable, I need to sell my Nottingham first so until that happens I'm investing in some of the accessories, then the main dish will come.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ArtK, Whizzy, torstoi and 3 others like this.
  5. Beobloke

Beobloke pfm Member

A pair of Mordaunt Short MS300s at Retrotech today.

I really liked the MS100s I used to own and just fancied trying their bigger brothers.

6. Johnny72

Johnny72 pfm Member

Recently purchased a Pass Labs int-60.
    One of the best investments I've made in a while.

Gervais Cote and chris turner like this.
  7. vinylslug

vinylslug pfm Member

Had a little splurge in cables. EBay came to my rescue with Ecosse £200 interconnect for £50 and a £100 QED digital cable for £30… I’m a believer in cable differences, but not such a believer in paying for them lol. They’ve each made a significant contribution my system so are very much an upgrade.

freefallrob likes this.
  8. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

Stronger VDH Cartridge tags for my Audionote Arm3v2 tonearm.

9. TimF

TimF pfm Member

I picked up a new Lindemann Limetree Bridge 2 at a very nice price. Always wanted to try one of these small, simple little boxes. I am quite pleased with it streaming Qobuz and various radio stations into my LinnenberG DAC via coax. Getting used to the Lindemann app. simple enough and just works.

10. Darren

Darren Doin' the Southern Freeeez

What TT are you buying Costas?

11. Kostas

Kostas pfm Member

Ideally a DP-80, it's why I bought the matching arm, but there are several 70's - 80's DD tables from Denon, Victor, Micro, Technics and others that I like.

Darren likes this.
  12. LuisAlmeida

LuisAlmeida pfm Member

Naim streamer, NDX2

13. Clive D

Clive D Low fidelity victim

Jimbobbyron likes this.
  14. Gervais Cote

Gervais Cote Predator

Looks like a near perfect speaker to me. I'm glad to see they use doped paper, must be very musical and enjoyable.

15. Clive D

Clive D Low fidelity victim

Yes, Alan knows what he’s doing when it comes to making speakers. His innovative design includes a solution to the conundrum of what to do with the grilles when listening to music. Attach them to the sides of the speakers and include edge diffraction, simple!

16. marktr

marktr Registered User

Audio Note ANE’s. Due to further AN upgrade, they are currently for sale on here and elsewhere.

17. kasperhauser

kasperhauser pfm Member

Added a silver disc spinner to my collection of boxes:

[​IMG]

First time in years I’ve had one in the system. Pioneer Elite DV-59AVi. Bought it to play my couple dozen sacds and my one dvd-a, and also because it was twenty bucks in the thrift store and I’m weak.

18. yespsb

yespsb pfm Member

Kostas likes this.
  19. MUTTY1

MUTTY1 Waste of bandwidth

A slightly flaky ART9 and a Bel Canto Phono1 for total of £500 to scratch that MC itch after thirty years of MM. Pure indulgence unless it’s a night into day experience. I won’t be holding my breath but I’m quite excited….

yespsb likes this.
  20. MUTTY1

MUTTY1 Waste of bandwidth

nice forest too:)

Durmbo and kasperhauser like this.