advertisement

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

A pair of secondhand Odd Knutsen sling armchairs (well, the John Lewis copies of them) in excellent condition.

They occupy less space than their rather bulky predecessors, yet move my ears ~1foot into the room and further away from the back wall, which significantly improves the system's sound. There isn't much scope for equipment upgrades at sensible cost; a pair of Townshend speaker platforms will be the final acquisition.

Oh, and a pair of Moroccan leather pouffes to go with the chairs. Seating sorted :)

A pair of Spendor SA1 with matching stands, the first pair of stand mount speakers that have been welcomed (rather than just about tolerated) into the lounge. Just waiting on the loan of a sub to try out with them, to see if they will stay.

A Well Tempered Amadeus 254 and DV XX2mk2 a couple of months ago, and a Krell KSA50 about a month ago. Both are fantastic and I think that may well be me finished upgrading for good now.

A Well Tempered Amadeus 254 and DV XX2mk2 a couple of months ago, and a Krell KSA50 about a month ago. Both are fantastic and I think that may well be me finished upgrading for good now.

C'mon, we're all addicts down here :D

Last edited:
It completely slipped my mind.Small but perfect.A vintage Ortofon VMS 20e Mk ii with new stylus to match my Thorens TP 63 low mass arm and a pair of replacement 3D printed hinges from Germany!

You ain't trying Joe.

I assure you, I can be very trying.

But seriously, I have pondered several other purchases/upgrades recently, but a combination of inertia, lockdowns and other spending priorities have resulted in holding back. I also have some spare stuff lying around that I really ought to shift before acquiring yet more.

I assure you, I can be very trying.

But seriously, I have pondered several other purchases/upgrades recently, but a combination of inertia, lockdowns and other spending priorities have resulted in holding back. I also have some spare stuff lying around that I really ought to shift before acquiring yet more.
Tell me about it!

ATC CDA2 in Dec19. That and the ATC40As the month before are plenty of spending for me. Both second hand, but more than I've ever spent on hifi before.

I need to sell the previous system, decorate and sort out the lounge before any more purchases, when I may replace my LP12.....:D

A pair of wharfdale Denton 1s, with the rounded corners

Sound like shite but look very pretty all done up

Groovetracer reference subplatter for my rega p3. Got it for a great price so couldn’t resist. It’s made a big difference, just have to decide whether I like it or not. First impressions are ‘oh wow’!

advertisement

Back