Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

Discussion in 'audio' started by chris turner, Jul 4, 2021.

1. chris@panteg

chris@panteg pfm Member

Naim Nait XS2 second hand in mint condition.

I just fancied trying one , especially now as they provide a choice of RCA and Din inputs, the thing is that I wanted a headphone amp but also wanted a back up,/ alternative amp to my Puresound 2a3 .
    Wasn't sure how it would work with my LV avatars and P10 Phono stage and Hitachi speaker cable.
    Well it works just fine and sounds great.
    In fact I really like it a lot, it's a cracking good amp.

Miss Ariel and Darren like this.
  2. Beobloke

Beobloke pfm Member

An Ortofon Cadenza Black from a spiffing chap on here. :)

And a boxed, mint, unused Vestax PDX-8000 turntable. I should never have sold the one I had - I will not be making the same mistake twice!

3. GruntPuppy

GruntPuppy pfm Member

I bought an Anthem MCA225 Gen 2, and I am rather smitten. I wasn't expecting it to be so big (But hey, I'm very much a fan of large black lumps of audio goodness), but got it as a 3 year old amp at just under half RRP, and amp currently having a great deal of fun swearing and being a carmudgeon whilst dialling in the subs again.

I could DIRAC and have it all done automatically, but where's the fun in that?

4. htsdgrvs

htsdgrvs pfm Member

A Burson Conductor Virtuoso 2+ DAC/preamp/headphone amp. Currently doing DAC and preamp duty in my system and sounding quite nice.

5. HiFiman

HiFiman Don't tell him Pike

Chord DAVE

hifinutt likes this.
  6. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

good to hear , we hear very little about these pre amps . Do they have remote control?

7. earlofsodbury

earlofsodbury Wastrel.

A very excellent burglar-club of machined alloy that works no matter where it's pointed.

It has its idiosyncrasies - most notably different input impedances on each input, and it is very sensitive to valve-rolling (a first for me), but beyond that it continues to sound excellent (even better with top-notch valves). Very pleased with it.

hifinutt likes this.
  8. gustav_errata

gustav_errata pfm Member

A bespoke hi-fi/AV stand built by a local furniture maker. Not a spike in sight, but I may play around a bit with vibration isolation like isoacoustics pucks at some point.

BrianPK likes this.
  9. Jezzer

Jezzer Passionate

A pair of Coherent modded Bel Canto Ref1000M mono-blocks. Looking forward to taking delivery of them once the seller recovers from his cold..!

hifinutt likes this.
  10. jobseeker

jobseeker pfm Member

Pathos Classic One integrated and Audio Physic Tempo 35 this very day. A toss up between the AP and Focal Kanta 2. Yet to set them up. Sounded great in the shop so fingers crossed. Got exchange options if the room proves problematic.
    Edit - Tempo 35 sounding great on the end of Mytek Brooklyn Amps. Expecting something different from the Pathos. Better would be nice :)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
    earlofsodbury likes this.
  11. yespsb

yespsb pfm Member

12. GruntPuppy

GruntPuppy pfm Member

Banana plugs

BrianPK likes this.
  13. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

Happy with them?

BrianPK likes this.
  14. Beobloke

Beobloke pfm Member

I picked up a few new toys last night...

[​IMG]

15. GruntPuppy

GruntPuppy pfm Member

Sadly no! They're basic stackables that are good enough to prove a viable solution to a problem I'm having, but I'll be getting some better constructed items for the future. They'll be going on some expensive cables that are extremely well made, I see no point of leaving them terminated with flimsy crap.

16. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

Jay’s Audio CD2T mk3 CD transport in silver. It basically completes my system :)

yespsb and GruntPuppy like this.
  17. Funk

Funk pfm Member

A pair of very nice Kef Ref 3.2s:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Now in the process of deciding whether they're ousting my Celestion A3s...(it's looking likely!).

18. Bairnstorm

Bairnstorm pfm Member

Look the same as mine. So much so I just checked! Mine are still here.

Funk and MUTTY1 like this.
  19. Bairnstorm

Bairnstorm pfm Member

NAD Masters M22 power. Welcome to class D!!!

20. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

That’s some seriously cool looking kit!