advertisement

What was the last music that you bought?

5172vMDkNLL._SX466_.jpg

I’ve just bought this, which I failed to get on some recent RSD or other. Why it should suddenly be available now for £23.99 inc postage I don’t know. This was going to be a heads up, but the price box has now switched to ‘notify’. Maybe I grabbed the last/only one.

https://www.intenserecords.com/music/item/35241.html

Edit: and now I’ve gone back for Flight Of The Behemoth. Also on special offer at £24 inc postage. Also, it seems, the only copy available. And theoretically not on sale until tomorrow. What gives?

Last edited:
Thea Gilmore Strange Communion... possibly one of the best seasonal albums ever
Afterlight, Afterlight... Thea Gilmore's new identity, a brutal break up album
Alexa Rose, Headwaters... lovely American Folk/Country
Ana Egge, White Tiger, another good American Folk album
www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

Giant Sand ‘ ballet of a thin line man’. Not my normal fare but got the sort of quality feel that I got when I had a listen to The the infected someone said was worth a listen on here.

Lucy Dacus Bandcamp discography last night. This track is particularly powerful if you're the type that listens to the lyrics

Just picked up a bunch of old records. One of them was Christopher Cross (S/T) and appears to be an early 80s reissue but didn't notice until I got it home that Side A has the sticker from ZZ Top - Tres Hombres (also an early 80s Warner reissue). To my surprise there's no mention of this on Discogs so I wonder if this is something of a rarity...?

Got a slab of Vinyl coming from TonyL. Being just back into hifi after a while away I’m all over the show. I’m sure he is delighted to get rid of Geigud’s Shakespeare readings for example:) I’m hoping it includes the seven ages of man which me and wifey love quoting to each other at just the right moment. Couple of albums I’ve been able to check out on Spotty before pressing the buy button which is good

The Fela Kuit c.d. boxset.

Fad Gadget ‘Under The Flag’ on c.d. (already have the record)

Blue Break Beats Vol. 1 c.d. - Blue Note release

Florence and the Machine ‘Ceremonials’ c.d. for a G-Kid

David Bowie ‘Toy’ Toy Boxset on c.d. not due till January

Adele ‘30’ c.d. :(

Live and Let Die original soundtrack c.d. on the James Bond 007 remaster series - excellent. (not the reissue)

Tom Moulton ’Spring Event’ c.d. new release.

Keb Darge and Cut Chemist ‘The Dark Side: 30 Sixties Garage Punk and Psyche Monsters’ c.d. - not arrived yet, looking forward to this.

Soul of a Nation: Jazz is the Teacher, Funk is the Preacher - Afro-Centric Jazz, Street Funk and the Roots of Rap in The Black Power Era 1969-75 - c.d. another Soul Jazz Records release, this sounds fantastic.

Gabriel Prokofiev - Concerto For Turntables and Orchestra [+ Remixes] D.J. Yoda and friends.
c.d. - experimental orchestra with turntablism stuff. :)

and the most played…

HUSTLE! Reggae Disco - Kingston London New York
Reissued, Extra Tracks c.d. - again from Soul Jazz Records.

I think there may be some others? Again, this is more than I thought.

The Fela Kuti is enough on its own :)

All FLAC downloads, hi-res where available:

Philip Glass / Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra - Symphonies Nos. 2 & 3
Philip Glass / Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra - Symphony No. 4 "Heroes" / The Light
Philip Glass / Carducci String Quartet - String Quartet No. 5 / Suite From Dracula / String Sextet
Philip Glass / Piotr Plawner et al. - Violin Concerto No. 2 "The American Four Seasons" / Violin Sonata
Yiannis Estathopoulos - Seis Caprichos - Spanish Guitar Music Around 1930
Humanoid - KAAGE EP
Humanoid - Future: Turned EP
Humanoid - Built By Humanoid (+ CD)
Chain Gang of 1974 - Pollen

"oops"

I regret to report that I fell victim to the marketing boys sorcery, and bought a copy of Emerson Lake & Palmers 'Pictures at an Exhibition' HMV 100-year Limited Edition White Vinyl.

I've managed to avoid buying physical media since dipping my toe in the streaming scene a few months ago, but i just couldn't resist this baby. And it's a thing of aural and visual beauty.

Loving it!

FOOTNOTE: Can I just kindly point out that it's HMV celebrating it's 100-year anniversary, and not Emerson Lake & Palmer despite some people's views on this matter?

The last disc I purchased was a DVD Audio disc (Seal hits) which I still haven't listened to and player is boxed in the loft.

^^^^Bargain hunting too. CD of Trichotomy ‘Gentle War’ £3.99 posted. Took a punt after really enjoying their take with a string quartet.

advertisement

Back