advertisement

What was the last music that you bought?

A couple of Elliott Smith CDs from an Aberdeen charity shop; 'New Moon' which I didn't already have for some reason, and 'Either/Or' which I did have but only the original single disc version whereas this has a second disc of live tracks and others.

Caberet Voltaire - Electropunk to Technopop, damn fine it is to...

packshot.jpg

Well, my last order has not arrived yet but kind of an eclectic list: Should be here this week or next

mail

Jackson Browne Late For the Sky 180g LP

Lucy Spraggan Choices LP (Red Vinyl)
mail

Veronica Swift This Bitter Earth 2LP

Back To the Future (Music From The Motion Picture Soundtrack) LP

Ray Charles Genius + Soul = Jazz (Verve Acoustic Sounds Series) 180g LP

mail

Dr. Hook Collected 180g Import 2LP (Black Vinyl)

mail

Becca Stevens WONDERBLOOM 2LP

Binker And Moses Dem Ones Numbered Limited Edition LP (Clear Vinyl)
mail

Bad Company Holy Water 180g LP (Blue Vinyl)

Jesse Malin Sad And Beautiful World 2LP

mail

Since getting back into CD (after the best part of the decade on streaming), and especially since getting my new transport and DAC, I’ve been going nuts buying cds for buttons. I’ve got about 10 in varying states of order, and will be buying more soon. The best bit is just so inexpensive CDs are now, especially used ones. MusicMagpie is getting a lot of my orders!

On the way are three by SRV, a couple by Loudon Wainwright III, a CD copy of The Who’s Live At Leeds, a couple by Madeleine Peyroux, and some more that I can’t recall right now.

Total cost for all of that was well under thirty quid delivered, which I think is just great.

Will be doing a scout about to fill gaps in my existing collection too. It’s a great time to be a cd buyer!

A rare purchase from an actual shop! Popped into Rough Trade East in my lunch hour, and bought (on CD, I’m not a lottery winner):

Nubya Garcia- Source

I’ve really enjoyed every performance I’ve seen on TV, and wanted to offer the financial support of actually purchasing something. It’s been amazing seeing Jazz take off again in the 21st Century.

Terry Callier- What Colour is Love

I only know one song from this, and I basically bought it because of the packaging. It’s the same as the Impulse! Originals series, but with the orange replaced with blue, and a Verve logo. Great cover also, to be fair.

Was nice to be browsing the racks again, although I’ve definitely been spoilt, paying a pound for three CD’s in the charity shops.

The Prodigy: Their law, the singles 2LP
Black Pumas LP
Lana Del Ray.: Chemtrails over the country club 2LP
Mark Lanegan : Straight songs of sorrow 2LP
Paul Weller : on Sunset LP
Adult Cinema: Teaser Trailer LP
Bob Dylan : Highway 61

Ordered the 18LP Bowie box set but I must start buying CDs again, Lps have got very pricey.

Coltrane - A love Supreme Live LP
Radiohead - Kid A Mnesiac LP
UNE - Spomenik LP
The Black Dog - Music for Photographers (Digital)

A very successful trip to Oxfam:
Orbital - Green Album, Brown Album, Snivilisation, and Middle of Nowhere
Smashing Pumpkins - Adore
(I own all of those CDs but they're over in the US and I'm not sure when I'll manage to get them over here)

Plus a Bandcamp purchase:
Outlander - The Valium Machine
https://outlandertheband.bandcamp.com/album/the-valium-machine

Plus a pre-order arrived:
They Might Be Giants - BOOK (1st edition hardcover) + Pamphlet EP

I pre-ordered FSOLdigital Presents Mind Maps 2, a CD-only mix of songs from the various projects by the Future Sound of London guys. Volume 1 was excellent, and it sold out quickly, so I had to jump at this one. Get it while the gettin's hot:
https://touched.bandcamp.com/merch/fsoldigital-presents-mind-maps-2-limited-cd

....and it's sold out in 1 hour 15 minutes.

Edit: nevermind, there are some more here (but for how long?)
https://fsol.bandcamp.com/album/mind-maps-2-2

advertisement

Back