advertisement

What was the last music that you bought?

28c7b77d63f7ce00501f0de9553f58e00a4b067e.jpeg

Goat - Headsoup

LP

Yesterday and today

Qobuz downloads:
- CHISU - Momentum 1 2 3 & Post Momentum
- ANNA PUU - Nälkäinen Sydän

CD:
- MYLENE FARMER - Cendres de lune, Ainsi sois je, L'autre & Anamorphosée

It's amazing how nowadays you can find some unsigned band from anywhere in the world and get into them via Bandcamp etc. Over the past couple of years I have found all sorts of great demo/promo releases (for my tastes, at least).

Anyway, after enjoying their Promo '21, I went ahead and bought two more EPs from Washington D.C.'s Day Aches: Fever Dreams and Day Aches. Not groundbreaking music by any means...they wear their influences on their sleeves, but well-done and enjoyable nevertheless.

This week(ish):

Be Bop Deluxe - Live! In The Air Age, the ridiculous 15 disc version (cheers to Engels for the Qobuz bargain heads up)
Max Richter - Sleep, the full eight and a half hour version
Richard Norris - Music For Healing - September (as part of my bandcamp subscription)
Abel Ray - Labyrinth EP
UNKLE - Catch Me When I Fall (Abel Ray remixes)
Roedelius - Tape Archive Essence 73-78
A Guy Called Gerald - Trip City, vinyl and book combo reissue
Hannah Peel - Unheard Delia EP
I'm Just Like You, Sly's Stone Flower 69-70
Leslie Winer - When I Hit You - You'll Feel It (because the fanboy in me needs the couple of unreleased tracks)

Handily, I've been off work this week, so have had plenty of listening time.

Leftfield -Tourism on CD/DVD...
51dXsPpitaL._AC_.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
This late birthday, early Chrissy pressy arrived today.

spread_1500.jpg

All I need is a bluray player.

Had a SoulBinge with various greatest hits compilation cd’s by Bill Withers, Wilson Pickett, Al Green, Percy Sledge and Aretha.
Maybe a bit of Gospel with Sister Rosetta Tharpe next, great performer

R-19876825-1629129517-6069.jpeg.jpg

Windmill Tilter - The Story of Don Quixote by Kenny Wheeler and The John Dankworth Orchestra.

I didn't actually buy this but it arrived in the post as a suprise from my amazing friend. I'm not sure why he felt so generous. It might have had something to do wih the Japanese copy of Ronnie Ross' Cleopatra's Needle I sent him.

advertisement

Back