advertisement

What Vinyl CD & Download Albums Have You Bought Lately ?

After my signed CD arriving earlier today and while on its back to back play
I went looking for a new vinyl orange splat copy because the bands site has sold out.
Found one :cool:
0015959484_10.jpg

Arriving tomorrow .

Jimmy Cliff - The Harder They Come, late 70s US repress.
The Ganjas - Laydown, vinyl.
V/A - Lonely is an Eyesore, vinyl deluxe limited edition.
The The - Gravitate to Me, Limited 12" with dub mix.
Keith Hudson - Flesh of my Skin Blood of my Blood, vinyl reissue.
The Teardrop Explodes - Wilder, uk vinyl.
Pete Shelley - Homosapien, uk vinyl.
Julian Cope - Beautiful Love E.P., uk vinyl

After playing my double vinyl album to death since it arrived last week.
610aaBqoAAL._AC_SY355_.jpg

I've bought the CD version.

Idles- Live at Le Bataclan (good)
Black Midi - schlagenheim (really good)
Moon Duo - Stars are the light (really really good)
(All vinyl, came with dl codes I think)

Moon Duo - Stars are the light (really really good)
(All vinyl, came with dl codes I think)
Not sure about it yet, but then I think they've not done better than Mazes so I probably know nowt. I will give it another run out tonight - one less decision for me to make

Just checked the server, and there's this lot as well:

Lamb - Backspace Unwind (with bonus live disc)
William Doyle - Your Wilderness Revisited
Funkadelic - Reworked By Detroiters
Red Hot & Arthur Russell
Sounds From True Stories (came with the Criterion edition of the film)
FKA Twigs - Magdalene

and a bunch of 12s/EPs

Not sure about it yet, but then I think they've not done better than Mazes so I probably know nowt. I will give it another run out tonight - one less decision for me to make
I’m loving the almost “pop” sound to it, although I admit it’s a bit of a departure from the earlier sound and may not to be to everyone’s taste.

I see you are a Wooden Shjips fan also (me too; saw them at Heaven last year). I really like Back to Land; again a slight departure from previous records.

Just managed to pick up a 180 gram vinyl copy of Nirvana unplugged from our local Tesco of all place for just £16.00

Ordered this double CD earlier today.
61WzRN8Tc7L.jpg

81yhYAgBe5L._SX355_.jpg

The Birds (great band) were

• Ali McKenzie - Lead Vocals, harmonica
• Tony Munroe - Guitar, vocals
Ronnie Wood - Guitar, vocals
• Kim Gardner - Bass, vocals
• Bob Langham - Drums
• Pete McDaniels - Drums
• Chris the bird man Johnson- on charges
They made some great singles
"You're on My Mind" (Ronnie Wood) / "You Don't Love Me (You Don't Care)" (Ellas McDaniel) (November 1964, Decca F 12031) (Producer: Franklyn Boyd)
"Leaving Here" (Holland–Dozier–Holland) b/w "Next in Line" (Ronnie Wood) (April 1965, Decca F 12140) (Producer: Franklyn Boyd) - UK No. 45
"No Good Without You Baby" (William Stevenson) / "How Can It Be?" (Ronnie Wood) (October 1965, Decca F 12257) (Producer: Franklyn Boyd)
"Say Those Magic Words" (Bob Feldman, Doc Pomus, Jerry Goldstein, Mort Shuman, Richard Gottehrer) b/w "Daddy Daddy" (Ronnie Wood/Tony Munroe) (as "The Birds Birds", September 1966, Reaction 591 005)
"That's All That I Need You For" (Ronnie Wood, Tony Monroe, Ali MacKenzie) / "If I Were a Carpenter" (Tim Hardin) (February 2011, Birdsong Records ALI 001)[6]
They also recorded
"Good Times" (Michel Polnareff), "Granny Rides Again”, "Run Run Run" (Peter Townshend), "That's All I Need You For" (Ronnie Wood/Tony Munroe), "You Shouldn't Do That" (Ronnie Wood), "What Hit Me" (Ronnie Wood/Tony Munroe) & "NSU" (Jack Bruce)

Many thanks for pointing that out.
Ive just looked on the dark red 12" by 12" card which I thought was just track listings and seen the download code at the bottom of the page.
Thanks again I would have missed that :cool:
Ive just got around to converting these Underworld Additional Releases WAV downloads to FLAC for a good listen.
UW_BoxSet_PS.jpg

My music listening evening sorted.

I wish my mate hadnt said have a listen to Matthew on bandcamp last month.
It's cost me loads of money.
Earlier today vinyl buys.
0006802391_10.jpg

0006802382_10.jpg

0006802395_10.jpg

advertisement

Back