advertisement

What of heating oil?

JezmondTutu

pfm Member
So, support for gas and electricity bills. Do you still get £66 knocked off your elec bill if you use oil?

As many will know, heating oil has been double normal prices and actually hit £1.89 a litre earlier this year. Was 25p in the early days of Covid!

So, support for gas and electricity bills. Do you still get £66 knocked off your elec bill if you use oil?

As many will know, heating oil has been double normal prices and actually hit £1.89 a litre earlier this year. Was 25p in the early days of Covid!
I believe every electricity account will be credited.

My oil price went up from £240 for 500l to £600-800 for same volume. I got an email from my supplier last week stating some sort of support is in the offing and would be announced in due course.

No decision has been taken on heating oil or liquid gas.
They keep promising one later.

Here in Swizzieland, my Treuhandin (financial adviser/bookkeeper) told me that she has just ordered a load of what she called Diamant-Oel (diamond oil) - it must have diamonds in it, at that price, she said. I checked, and the price has approximately doubled since last year - and I've got to order ours yet :(

Was $1000 to fill our oil tank in May (would have put it off but it was nearly empty and we need it for summer hot water).
We can go through a tank of oil in one month if we have a cold winter (mostly Dec, Jan, Feb).
I think sweaters, sleeping bags and small electric heaters under the desk will be happening this winter. If only I can get my wife on board.

advertisement

Back