advertisement

What no cricket thread ?

There is much more 1 day cricket these days.

Central contracts ultimately control how much is played but if you are in both squads then you will be rather busy.

I wonder if they will bring in Foulkes as keeper & let Buttler concentrate on batting?

There will need to be a bit of a reshuffle as Stokes is out for the remainder of the series for family reasons....

bpanews_73389060-1d8c-41a5-bb70-1fb8b264e330_embedded3237196

Brearley only captained in 15 tests winning 11 and losing just 1

Under Root's captaincy England have failed to bat for a draw, while the manner of some of the defeats has been terrible.

I'm quite happy England 'failed to bat for a draw' under Root. Generally speaking going for a result is admirable.

Stokes out for the rest of this series due to a personal family situ. Crawley will get his chance, now.

Think the first Tranmere Rovers match (1967/8) I saw, their goalkeeper Jim Cumbes, didn't he have a succesful county cricket career?
He most certainly did and ended up CEO of Lancashire County CC.
He also played for WBA and Aston Villa.
Born in Didsbury, Manchester.

Wowsers!! The ECB are considering er possibly thinking about um maybe starting Tests at 10.30 rather than 11.00 in order to make up lost playing time - you heard it here first!!

If the bowling team loses time as they don't make their allocated overs, then the number of overs they miss out by is turned into losing a fielding player during that or their next innings. eg 0 overs short x 5 mins means a fielding player is off for 50 mins.

Also start at 10am if weather affected.

advertisement

Back