advertisement

What new choons did you get for Crimbo?

Tarzan

pfm Member
Well what did you get?

If l may start got 'Delicate sound of thunder' -Pink Floyd 180g re- issue ( remixed from the original master tapes) should sound good.

Happy Listening:).

The new Juana Molina live album, ANRMAL
Jyoti and Georgia Anne Muldrew - Mama, You Can Bet
The Blue Nile - High (2CD reissue)

Surprisingly little music for Christmas this year (probably because people think I've already bought everything myself)

"Point" by Yello
"Live at the Roundhouse" by Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets

Both on CD. Looking forward to finding time and space to sit down for a listen!

I seem to have stopped receiving music for Xmas, I don’t really bother with gift lists etc. I have received a record number of socks, I do really like socks though.

Bill Evans box set - the complete Vilkage Vanguard recordings 1961; Chick Corea Trio - Trilogy; and Tom Waits - Blue Valentines (remastered). These add to the half dozen or more I got for my birthday in early Dec, so a pretty good haul really, courtesy of my SIL.

All on vinyl,
David Sylvian, Dead bees on a cake,
Tom Petty, Into the great wide open, &
Steven Wilson, The raven that refused to sing.
All sounding rather excellent.

I got:

La Dusseldorf - 3xCD set (their entire discography)

Klaus Schulze - La Vie Élecronique Vols 1-8. 24 CDs of Berlin school electronics from the master. Vols 9-16 will be my birthday present, I think.

Most people do t know what to buy me music wise as I buy so much of my own. But I did get a couple of 80s compilations on vinyl (great fun!) and the Paul Weller CD - True Meanings

Also a stylus brush

Another zilch here. In fact I haven't been gifted any music for decades!
X girlfriends always did, but since then none.

I got a couple of Blue Notes that I'd strategically placed into an amazon wish list titled "things you can buy me for Christmas"

Donald Byrd - Ethiopian Knights (Bluenote 80s)
Herbie Hancock - Takin' Off (Bluenote 80s)

Yes - Steve Wlson remixes box set...........then downloaded the mp3 versions from Amazon, next job sort out my streamer...Oppo BDP 105 EU

advertisement

Back