advertisement

What Lp/cd Do You Listen To The Most

AndyFelin - you must have stolen my record collection !!!! Felt weird reading that list.

Couple of other points - Stump, not sure who mentioned them but what a band - didn't they have a lyric that went "and Charlton Heston put his vest on" ???

Libertines - has to be up the bracket rather than the Libertines

I would also add, The Clash - Londons Calling, Sleeper - The it Girl, House of Love - House of Love and The Damned - Live at Shepperton Park

Currently I've been listening to the two first songs on Chicago II over and over again. Excellent, but I'm beginning to get bored now.

JohanR

Re James Blunt...
Mullardman said:
Best place for the whining git. Hopefully, the stylus will shortly work it's way through his jugular.

I want to buy you a beer! Absolute classic remark - and so true!

Mullardman said:
Stump, not sure who mentioned them but what a band - didn't they have a lyric that went "and Charlton Heston put his vest on" ???

They certainly did - I remember seeing the vid to that song on the chart show in 1988 (best year of my life - he he!) and remembering the band name. Stum(p)bled across the LP for 50p in Notting Hill's MVE a few months back and acquired it - not a bad album!

My faves of the present/past include:
Out of time - REM
Unplugged in New York/Bleach - Nirvana
Da capo/Forever changes - Love
LA Woman - Doors
Sun spot - Dark Soho
Blue lines - Massive attack (can't believe I'd never heard the album (barring "Unfinished sympathy" and "Safe from harm" until 2002!)
Revolver - Beatles
Decade - Duranduran (so shoot me)
Singles 81-85 - Depeche Mode
Elgar's cello concerto - Du Pre version
Great escape - Blur (way better than Parklife, if you like that kind of thing)
Another world - Astral Projection
Anything by Kate Bush, though still unsure on Aerial.

That'll do for now...

domfjbrown said:
Re James Blunt...

I want to buy you a beer! Absolute classic remark - and so true!

They certainly did - I remember seeing the vid to that song on the chart show in 1988 (best year of my life - he he!) and remembering the band name. Stum(p)bled across the LP for 50p in Notting Hill's MVE a few months back and acquired it - not a bad album!

QUOTE]

Dom,
Glad you liked my James Blunt remark.
However, I can't claim the Stump one. Never 'eard of 'em... I'm old ya know... Musta bin somebody else... Credit where it's due an' all that. :)

Mull

advertisement

Back