advertisement

What Japanese made Turntable you having?

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Vantage Audio serviced and repaired mine too.
Mine developed a fault which needed a chip replacing but that was obsolete (surprise!)
They found one though and it too works fine.
I could do with a new bias string for the arm though (hint!!)

Terry,
Howard on the L-07D website recommends Ethicon 689G surgical thread as a replacement, but that is unobtainable In the UK. I tried even knowing a few friends in hospitals. I replaced my broken thread with nylon fishing line - Bayer Perlon 0.15mm, 2.6lb breaking strain. This seemed to be very similar to the original and works fine. I expect any make of the same gauge should be suitable. As you don't mention them I take it you still have the end caps? It is almost impossible to fit the little metal tags that connect to the end caps onto the thread so just remove them and tie the thread around the groove centre. The length of line when held tight should be 83mm between the end caps.
Hope this is of some help.
Jim

I have just found the small reel of the above line I brought. If you PM me with your address I wil put some in the post.

Terry,
A length of the nylon line now on its way.

One further small tip: tie the line around the groove in the caps as tight as possible, cut off any excess and the add a small drop of super glue to the knot. This prevents it coming loose especially at the arm end where the cap is horizontal and the groove with thread is up against the bearing housing.

Up thread somewhere I posted a pic of my Sony PS-6750. It has since been replaced by a Kenwood KD-990 which, IMO, is a fantastic deck.

2016-01-28%2011.26.59_zpsun1nrujq.jpg

Need to put my Sony PS-8750 into use again. New pu needed I believe, got Ortofon OM20 & original Pickering XSV/5000 with fairly new Shibata needle from LPGear.

What's with the "Quartz lock on/off" switch on that Sony?
Why would I want to switch it off???

If the Xtal-Lock cease to function you switch it off. Happened to mine, replaced IC MSM5576 & three caps. Now works wonders.

I've been looking for an 8750 for about 2 years and haven't come across 1 at the right price or right condition, rarer than hens teeth it would appear.

advertisement

Back