Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What Japanese made Turntable you having?

Discussion in 'audio' started by timeout, Dec 24, 2014.

1. timeout

timeout ignorance is bliss

What Japanese made Turntable you having? Pls share with us.
    :)

2. whatsnext

whatsnext Naimless

I am having none

3. timeout

are you intending to get one Japan designed and made TT

4. whatsnext

whatsnext Naimless

No. I have a Linn LP12 bouncing British TT.

I had a Pioneer PL112D years ago but moved to Rega then Linn. Some people rave about the Technics SL 1200/1210 a lot of them on Art of Sound if you are a fan http://theartofsound.net/forum/forum.php

5. Covkxw

Covkxw pfm Member

Hi timeout, I'm a longtime fan and owner of the better late 1970's/80's Japanese Direct-Drive turntables (eg, Sony PS-X9 & TTS-8000, Denon DP-80 & DP-75, Technics SP-10/2 etc), but most Japanese tonearms from the same period, with a very few notable exceptions, were quite poor/not so good.

6. fay spook

fay spook pfm Member

I got a Trio KD550 this year out of interest as it was very cheap. I stuck on an old Rega Super Bias. It got an SME cut out armboardwith it so I fancy a Mission 774 at some stage. It's it any good? Weeeeeeeeeellllll it's ok. It's a great lump of composite resin plinth and will get better when I dedicate a little time to it. It's a lot lot more party friendly than a Phonosophie/ARO/Decca.

The good big Japanese decks are known about, are rare and expensive. But they are beautiful objects and usually work. (I'm not implying older tts from other countries don't, far from it- I'm not talking about old CD players!!)

7. trio leo

trio leo pfm Member

I had a Trio L07D for many years, built like a tank, weighing in at 73lbs, it sounded fantastic, probably the best I've owned. I'm sure there were/are other superb Japanese decks.

cheers Al

8. stevea

stevea Bearing Isolated Member

Had a Pioneer PL71 and a Technics SL10. Still have the SL10 but not used any more. Liked them both.

Years ago, before the other two, had a Sansui SR212 but can't remember much about it.

9. hermit

hermit obsessive

I have a Sony PS-6750 and am very happy with it. The carbon fibre arm is half decent and tracks my DV20XH quite happily. Plenty of info on it on the Vintage Knob. They come up on ebay from time to time and a good one fetches around £300.

[​IMG]

10. John

John Fore!

I purchased a Technics SL-1200 mk2 this year and compared it directly with my Rega Planar 2 and found the Rega was better.

11. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

Technics SL-150 MkII If I ever get round to fixing it!

12. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Another very happy PS-6750 owner...

[​IMG]DSCF9966-2

Had many turntables over the years, and with the Sony I've no real desire to change for now. :)

13. timeout

very beautiful deck from Sony

I did a search on Japanese TT, and didn't get much result. it seems like Modern Japanese don't have interest to design and built TT. i could only find 47 LAB KOMA which is very special

most of the results return those old and obsolete TT made by Matsushita Technics, Kenwood, SONY, SANSUI, CEC, Yamaha , Pioneer , Luxman, Onkyo, Denon, Victor

is this a dying breed in Japan? BTW, my source, amplifier, phono amplifier are all from Japan.

14. timeout

are you still into Japanese turntables? any new TT maker to share?

15. timeout

beautiful

look at that adjustable footer, it is their attention to details.

my RP6 not level, and need to put name cards underneath the footer to level it..

16. timeout

17. Titiksu

Titiksu pfm Member

Interesting. I wonder what technology is used for speed stability?

18. James

James Lord of the Erg\o/s

Pioneer PL-71, but desperately looking for a PLC-590.

[​IMG]

19. krenzler

krenzler pfm Member

Technics SL-1000 MkII - SP-10 MkII drive, EPA-100 arm (hopefully one of the good ones of the era?) and SH-10B3 base.

20. richardg

richardg Admonishtrator

Technics SL10 here! Better than my pink triangle