advertisement

What is still truely British today?

Spendor? Harbeth? REL? I would've thought so.

...sent from Canada, home of Bryston, Totem, Simaudio, Classe and Clairtone!!!
projectg_canadian_design.jpg

All this inclusivist pc rubbish is getting up my nose

I am not British I am English

And I look forward to Murray getting his arse kicked

Tannoy manufacture their own drive units, so I will doff my cap to those 'chaps'.

(dont mention the cheaper speakers which are probably made in china shhhhh!)

I believe it's only the Prestige range which is now manufactured in the UK and the company is no longer UK owned.

Also, I understand, that Spendor is no longer wholly UK owned.

There is only one way to be sure. Slowly drip a cup of tea on to the relevant component. If it reacts adversely, the component is foreign and should be placed on eBay immediately.

My dear PFM friends, is very symple. Sometimes here and there buy a new amplifier, turntable, etc. and not only second hand equipment.The only way to make your company stay British.

Spendor are now owned in the East, their 'UK headquarters' are 200 metres, sorry - 230 yards from my front door. Its just a light industrial unit for customer service AFAIK. The old factory round the block is still empty. I believe everything is shipped in now.

B and W do final assembley in Worthing, and still do their development in the UK. They mightn still have their development workshop in Steyning.

speaking of Steyning, SME are still there, aren't they?

Harbeth are in Lindfield, or is ir Lingfield? Exposure are still in Portslade bur I think owned from overseas. Audionote are still in Hove I think. Castle are back, but owned by IAG. NVA are designed and built here too,

I beg your pardon Sir, I happen to be English and prefer not to be associated with those north of Hadrian's wall or the unfortunates who live in the God forsaken wetlands to the West.

Very disappointing Les.... We've had a very dry summer so far this year and it's a gorgeous day today ! :cool:

John R.

All this inclusivist pc rubbish is getting up my nose

I am not British I am English

And I look forward to Murray getting his arse kicked

As for you: I can't even be arsed to comment.:p

John R

Spendor are now owned in the East, their 'UK headquarters' are 200 metres, sorry - 230 yards from my front door. Its just a light industrial unit for customer service AFAIK. The old factory round the block is still empty. I believe everything is shipped in now.

That is a shame. I heard that the company has been owned by an Indian company for a couple of years now but I thought the speakers might still be assembled here. Apparently not and that would explain the very different construction and styling of the new ranges.

That is a shame. I heard that the company has been owned by an Indian company for a couple of years now but I thought the speakers might still be assembled here. Apparently not and that would explain the very different construction and styling of the new ranges.
According to Spendor's website their speakers are designed and built in Hailsham, Sussex. And that includes the bass and mid-range drivers too.

I think Spendor would have problems asking the prices they do if the products were just cobbled together in Pnom Penh.

advertisement

Back