advertisement

What is Money?

The model is from my attempt to understand what y'all have been saying. One more time, it is my first attempt to illustrate what I think you all are saying.

And stop avoiding the issues with picky little complaints. BTW, the unexplained picture strikes me as a poor attempt to look like you have an argument.
If you can’t ask a question in good faith, you can’t expect an answer in the same vein. Your posts are no more than attempts to belittle.

You angrily denied liking a particular post, then it turns out you did. Now you have denied this model being yours, but now it turns out is is. You have had a perfectly reasonable explanation about the shortcomings of your model, but the central point that it does in fact illustrate the fact of tax as cancellation has been confirmed.

If you wish to ask further questions in good faith, I will answer in good faith to the best of my knowledge. If you prefer to continue with the aggressive tone, I won’t

PS the picture is a famous photo of Professor Bill Phillips with a water model of the economy that he used to teach his students at the LSE about economics. Might be worth investigating before you dismiss it as “silly”

If you can’t ask a question in good faith, you can’t expect an answer in the same vein. Your posts are no more than attempts to belittle.

You angrily denied liking a particular post, then it turns out you did. Now you have denied this model being yours, but now it turns out is is. You have had a perfectly reasonable explanation about the shortcomings of your model, but the central point that it does in fact illustrate the fact of tax as cancellation has been confirmed.

If you wish to ask further questions in good faith, I will answer in good faith to the best of my knowledge. If you prefer to continue with the aggressive tone, I won’t

PS the picture is a famous photo of Professor Bill Phillips with a water model of the economy that he used to teach his students at the LSE about economics. Might be worth investigating before you dismiss it as “silly”
You forgot to mention the AUP. :D

I have no snacks left...

Money is time. I don't have the inclination to post more than a couple of sentences on any topic, but I admire those who take threads on internet fora so seriously.

How much are you earning between sentences?

I always wonder why those who say these things even go to internet fora. Twitter is better for utterances based upon not reading anything in a thread.

You know it occurred to me that I don’t know what French fancies actually are!
A square of sponge with a blob of buttercream on top, the whole thing enrobed in fondant icing. Decorate to taste. Flavour the components as you see fit. They are very, very sugary indeed.

A square of sponge with a blob of buttercream on top, the whole thing enrobed in fondant icing. Decorate to taste. Flavour the components as you see fit. They are very, very sugary indeed.

Sounds like a petit four. Same thing?

I don't eat cakes now. I mentioned somewhere else that since I gave up obvious sugar everything now tastes sweet to me. Including croissants and even crispbreads of the Ryvita type. I think its the rye.

I don't eat cakes now. I mentioned somewhere else that since I gave up obvious sugar everything now tastes sweet to me. Including croissants and even crispbreads of the Ryvita type. I think its the rye.
Croissants are certainly sweet. Unsweetened cereals aren't, unless you chew them until your salivary amylase breaks down the starches to sugars.

Croissants are certainly sweet. Unsweetened cereals aren't, unless you chew them until your salivary amylase breaks down the starches to sugars.
Standard croissants don't have added sugar though (not in France anyway). Yet the ones here do and I couldn't taste it so easily previously. Now nearly everything tastes sweet to me. It's good in a way, carrots taste extra sweet and since I only eat staples most of the time it's a pleasant diet.

Standard croissants don't have added sugar though (not in France anyway). Yet the ones here do and I couldn't taste it so easily previously. Now nearly everything tastes sweet to me. It's good in a way, carrots taste extra sweet and since I only eat staples most of the time it's a pleasant diet.
All the recipes I've seen have a small quantity of sugar, about 5% in the wet dough. This includes traditional French recipes. I manufactured them some years ago, admittedly not in France but to a traditional recipe, and again that had a modest addition of sugar.

The water model of the economy is an analogue computer, it was quite late maybe early 2000s that a home computer could outperform a few op amps for integral and differential equation solving, even now one of the few times I crave an ultra fast graphics card is using analogue circuit simulations, which have a lot in common with feedback problems in economics.

All the recipes I've seen have a small quantity of sugar, about 5% in the wet dough. This includes traditional French recipes. I manufactured them some years ago, admittedly not in France but to a traditional recipe, and again that had a modest addition of sugar.
Seems you are indeed correct. And it's not a small amount in some recipes.No wonder they taste so sweet to me.

Since you are convinced i am not arguing in good faith, there is not point in further discussion between us. If you goal is to stop me from questioning you, you have succeeded. (In other words, i question your good faith too).

Sound like the pink atomic bombs that sell under the mantle of 'Mr Kipling's exceedingly good cakes' - most retch worthy ...

There's no real point doing accounting slips in that way. It doesn't really demonstrate in any way what was being discussed.
All we need to know is that for the public sector to have income, the government can't tax more than it spends. And that if it does this doesn't last long because the private sector (you, me, businesses) eventually run out of money. A currency issuer doesn't save in its own currency; first because it doesn't need to and because things will quickly deteriorate.

The post was here. But briefly it is that a government deficit is always public income/saving. So your and my surplus is always the government's deficit. By sectoral balance definition. There are cases where the foreign sector plays a role to enable the government to not run a deficit (rarely happens and never in US/UK). In short though for the other sectors to be in surplus at least one sector must be running a deficit. When the public runs a deficit (and by contrast the government a surplus) we have 'austerity'.
If you can't illustrate the concepts with a small figure demonstration, I must admit I'm suspicious that things don't actually add up. But that's mere suspicion, we may continue unraveling.

Your link sends me to a chart I do not understand, so it seems I must study sectoral balances, which are new to me. Will do, but there will be a bit of a delay.

It is clear that when you say "public sector" and "government" you mean different things. I am used to "public sector" meaning governments, federal, state and local collectively. Can you please clarify what you are using the term to mean?

Seems you are indeed correct. And it's not a small amount in some recipes.No wonder they taste so sweet to me.
It is by definition a sweetened, laminated yeasted dough. The technology is half bread, half pastry, hence the unique texture. They are an absolute utter bugger to manufacture, even if 72 told laminators are bloody good fun.

Sound like the pink atomic bombs that sell under the mantle of 'Mr Kipling's exceedingly good cakes' - most retch worthy ...
You may be very close. They're not to my taste either, but the volumes made and sold are eye watering. As is the sensation when I'm obliged to eat the things as part of my job. I swear you can hear my teeth screaming.

advertisement

Back