advertisement

What hifi equipment do you currently own?

Current system

Michell Gyro with Orbe platter & HR PSU, Origin Live Encounter Mk2, Transfigoration Phoenix S
Trichord Diablo with NCPSU
Isotek EVO3
Clearaudio Smart Matrix - RCM
Yamaha A-S3000
Chord Hugo TT / Mac mini / Roon
Revox B77 mk2 (must update my profile pic - still shows my old RT-909
Usher Dancer Mini 2
Naim NACA5
Audeze LCD-3

Kitchen system - Apple HomePod

I thought my music replay was rather simple, and so it seems compared to most.

Mac Mini [iTunes with AIFF files] -> Audiolab MDAC -> Quad II Forty -> ESL. A mono system with the redundant channel of the MDAC loaded by feeding a headphone amp. Obviously this also will play BBC Sounds broadcast, etc.

Shortly though to gain a second source. A Leak Troughline Mark 1 [made 1957] VHF/FM tuner. This being mono it will feed direct to the Q II Forty as it has a robust audio variable output.

I guess that as a high quality wireless set this is about a simple as it gets.

The Mac also serves as DVD player but I don't waste the ESL on film sound. I feed the MDAC into a Sandstrom active [bluetooth etc] speaker that is probably more suited to video sounds in any case, as well as not wasting valve hours on the Q II Forty.

Best wishes from George

Apparently I don’t have any hifi, only effects boxes ;)! If you hang on the words of a certain opinionated dealers views :D

Anyway, ripped CDs and downloads on intelNUC running JRiver to miniDSP SHD, output via Chord Qutest to Hegel H360 used as power amp to MBL126 speakers.

Quite a few other bits and bobs scattered around the house but the above gets closest to the illusion of the original performance, rather than replicating the desk of a recording engineer.

Here’s my compact setup for a small listening room:

Croft 25r reduced gain or Rotel Michi passive depending on what I’m listening to
Heed Obelisk PM mono power amps or Croft 7R
Chord Qutest
ALLO Digione Signature
Pro-ject Classic, Ortofon 2M black
Heed Obelisk CD transport
Totem Ember Fire speakers
Gutwire basic interconnects and speaker wire

Gawd it’s hard to resist fiddling though, really want to hear how p3s would sound with the Croft’s / Heeds!

advertisement

Back