advertisement

What happens when you replace caps with greater values than the original?

Isobarik

pfm Member
I have recently changed the caps in my power-amp, I was unable to buy the exact values so I had to go to larger values. Originaly my amp was fitted with 2 x 17,000uf 75volts, the replacements are 22,000uf 100volts. A friend has informed me that the sound output will be less due to the extra capacitance......is he right?
Thanks
Raymond. :eek: :(

You can always go up in voltage rating whereas it can spell distaster if you under rate caps. The increase in voltage rating is perfectly in order and the slight increase in capacity will not make a row of beans difference either. If there's any difference, it will be to your advantage.

Simply, the gen you've been given is duff.

Originally posted by LesW
You can always go up in voltage rating whereas it can spell distaster if you under rate caps. The increase in voltage rating is perfectly in order and the slight increase in capacity will not make a row of beans difference either. If there's any difference, it will be to your advantage.

Simply, the gen you've been given is duff.

Thanks Les for putting my mind at rest. The guy who told me was my brother in law!!, do you think he's trying to tell me something?
:D :D

advertisement

Back