advertisement

What happens if I touch these together?

john & Jake

Jake was smarter than me
hi, bit of a dumb question but....
Could anyone please tell me if there is a way to measure the bass response of an amplifier without a scope and not using ears.
I run Bariks and am happy with them but the placement is not ideal.
I would be very interested to know whether my Exposures are kicking out adequate bass signals.

cheers
dogrun.gif

John, dunno if this helps: I have here an amplifier I built from the gash bits of the amp I sold you. It has the original toroidal transformer, a pair of Kendeil 22,000uF caps and a pair of Exposure boards in original state. The bass is flabby, ill defined and somehow, strangely detached from the rest of the performance.

hi, bit of a dumb question but....
Could anyone please tell me if there is a way to measure the bass response of an amplifier without a scope and not using ears.
I run Bariks and am happy with them but the placement is not ideal.
I would be very interested to know whether my Exposures are kicking out adequate bass signals.

cheers
dogrun.gif

Lots of folks here and on ZG had the Behringer DEQ2496 and measurement mic. Perhaps borrow one for a week?
Sadly I no longer have mine.

Hi David, I have no equipment 'cept for a multimeter and the budget has gone on a 90 Celica GTR import.

Hi Les, Strangely for a fan, yes it does help as your experience may be what has prompted this query. Always rated Exposure and am commited to them, I am running 4 boards into the split Bariks but could do with two more to go active, any going spare to the desperately poor?

Hi Robert. If I knew what a Behringer was I would beg one but Jake is smarter than me.

Hi Rusty, I have one of them, could you please tell me the method and what result I should be looking for.

cheers all
dogrun.gif

John, I have an SPL meter you could perhaps use in conjunction with a test CD - pop me a PM - you'd be welcome to borrow it for a few weeks.

advertisement

Back