advertisement

What fresh hell is this? AI replacing radio DJ's?

Devonian

Pursuing my ultimate musical orgasm
Ok, admittedly I'm fundamentally biased in my loathing of banal DJ conversations constantly interrupting my enjoyment of the music. I actually only listen to RadioParadise, JB Radio2, Naim or Linn radio, and other "audiophile" stations during my day. I therefore acknowledge that I'm therefore totally intolerant of the likes of BBC (ok, maybe not R3!) and commercial stations who clearly exist to serve (in the main) listeners who really aren't bothered about the genre or quality of the music being played.

But I'm intrigued to figure out where all this new AI stuff is going to take mainstream radio. Will said BBC and commercial stations look to attract new and more varied range of listeners by replacing tired and out-of-touch human DJ's by "super-intelligent" AI that's able to scan a huge array of musical preferences from en-mass social media profiles and instantly choose what to play from monitoring "likes and dislikes"?

And will BBC R2 replace Ken Bruce with AI to host PopMaster?? Eeeek!

https://interestingengineering.com/innovation/radiogpt-worlds-first-ai-radio-station

Spotify's AIgorithm/AI that carries on after your chosen music stops is often far better than any radio station I've heard.

Marc Riley beware.

advertisement

Back