advertisement

What equipment do you use with your NS-1000Ms?

I’ll start by listing mine:

Custom designed and built turntable
Naim Aro arm
Rebuilt Linn Troika cartridge
Paradise phonostage
Naim Nac72 pre-amp
Naim Hi-Cap power supply
Naim Nap135s power amps
Lab.gruppen ipd1200 power amp
Custom designed and built speaker stands
Rel Stadium subwoofer

The only piece of the above equipment that is entirely unmodified is the Lab.gruppen amp. The Yammies are driven semi active in that the mids and tweeters are driven passively via an upgraded crossover by the Naim Nap135s. The bass drivers are directly driven by the Lab.gruppen amp which also applies some DSP modification to mitigate against room modes.

Last edited:
Here's mine , front to back .

Benz Micro Ace SL / Denon DL103R
Jelco SA750D
Technics SL1200G

Denon HA500

Rega Saturn

Yamaha C4
Yamaha M4

Yamaha NS1000

Auralec Aries Mini
JVC AX-Z1010TN amp
Yammy NS1000 speakers

Thinking about going for an upgrade - Luxman Class A amp, will speak to Radine to see if I can borrow his. Some of the more expensive class D amps (NuForce, Devialet etc) might be considered as well.

Those class D amps sound very differnt to the Luxman - pretty much polar oposites in fact.

mine is,
denon 103sa
zeta tonearm
pioneer plc-590

denon ha-500
nakamichi ca-5 pre
sony 700es amp

yamaha ns1000

on the lookout for a yamaha b-2

Ns1000s recently replaced by Quad 63 but previously run successfully with the following:

TW Acustic Raven 1/Schick/SPU E
Rega Saturn as a transport and Tron Dac
EAR 912/509mk2

NS1000XW Speakers

Yamaha B-2 power amp
Yamaha C-2 pre amp
Yamaha T-2 Tuner
Yamaha KX1020 Cassette Deck
Yamaha CD-2 CD player
Yamaha YP-D9 Turntable
Yamaha MC-1x Cartridge

Jesus it looks like I’ve got it bad... :D

I’ve only actually been a Yamaha fan for the last 3 years of so, was into Mcintosh before.

ziF07Cz.jpg

They are indeed.

I’m going to get a traditional rack* and I’ll take some better pictures to show how nice the stands really are!

*Having decided against my minimalist rack-free approach.

Kuzma stogi 12, Stabi s, Benz LP, paradise, bpbp pre, nuerochrome mod86p, Raal ribbons.

NS1000XW Speakers

Yamaha B-2 power amp
Yamaha C-2 pre amp
Yamaha T-2 Tuner
Yamaha KX1020 Cassette Deck
Yamaha CD-2 CD player
Yamaha YP-D9 Turntable
Yamaha MC-1x Cartridge

Jesus it looks like I’ve got it bad... :D

I’ve only actually been a Yamaha fan for the last 3 years of so, was into Mcintosh before.

ziF07Cz.jpg
Feeling a nip on the old gakkis? :)

Mine starts with Ortofon 2M Bronze on Naim ARO arm fitted to an LP12 (with Greenstreet sub, Tiger-Paw top plate and Elevator) driven by Naim Armageddon.

I have an alternate MC set-up comprising Lyra Kleos into DV-P75, which is on vacation now.

This primary front end, complemented by a Yamaha T-1 tuner, Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1.5 and Densen B-440XS is routed into a Pioneer C-21 preamp.

Power amplification is done by a class-A Pioneer M-22, offering an adequate 30W per side. Just in case that is not enough, I have a DV HX-1.2mk2 on stand-by.

That lot is supported by single phase Mana Shelf, Table and 5-Tier.

Yamaha NS-1000Ms speak for themselves, really. The better the front end, the better they sing.

Mine starts with Ortofon 2M Bronze on Naim ARO arm fitted to an LP12 (with Greenstreet sub, Tiger-Paw top plate and Elevator) driven by Naim Armageddon.

I have an alternate MC set-up comprising Lyra Kleos into DV-P75, which is on vacation now.

This primary front end, complemented by a Yamaha T-1 tuner, Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1.5 and Densen B-440XS is routed into a Pioneer C-21 preamp.

Power amplification is done by a class-A Pioneer M-22, offering an adequate 30W per side. Just in case that is not enough, I have a DV HX-1.2mk2 on stand-by.

That lot is supported by single phase Mana Shelf, Table and 5-Tier.

Yamaha NS-1000Ms speak for themselves, really. The better the front end, the better they sing.

The Pioneer stuff looks interesting

I'm collecting my first pair of Yams at Easter - been wanting some for many years and never really had the funds on top of my other gear. I have a Rega CD and amp and an LP12 but I also have a 1980 Pioneer Spec 1/2 rig which I want to hang the Yams from. I'm looking forward to trying that out

The Yams I'm collecting are apparently untouched - Spring speaker clips, no re-wiring or updating the insides...

The spring clip terminals need to go unless you are intending to use very thin cables. Also, when I stripped back some of the insulation on my original wiring I found the copper very discoloured.

advertisement

Back