1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What do we do with cosmetic parts .. @ Onix

Discussion in 'audio' started by adsw, Dec 2, 2019.

1. adsw

adsw Trade: OnixDNA

Hi

End of year stock take ( how I hate doing it ) damaged case parts mostly due to bad handling along the way . Do we do scrap them, get nothing for doing so ? The case uses five different companies in its process .. Imagine the margin for error

No ... scrap is not an option , it's just not our way . We have enough garbage on the planet Recycling also costs money , and uses resources to effect. Not to mention how much we used making them .

Do we compromise quailty . NO WE DO NOT .. never ever have, and never will.

Hmmm what do we do ?

We offer them to those that know a good deal , they come with coloured serial numbers ( blue ) that indicate the limited number on offer, each unit with very slight cosmetic flaws that reflect the price you will pay. Most would not even see a problem . We however do.

DNA 45 with production ( note:- storage , process handling ) cosmetic damage

Just a few can be made . When they are gone .. well you know the deal .

https://www.onixdna.com/news

Adam W

www.onixdna.com

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019 at 7:34 AM
    CratZ and Cereal Killer like this.
  2. adsw

Hi

After a long hard year , we are finally getting on top of things in every area . Our stock was badly managed by others we trusted to do the job . I will praise the day its finally sorted out .

This deal will not be repeated , these units are less than total parts cost,we cant buy the parts for what we are selling them as a whole , but we can do it now, because the case parts will only end up being recycled & not used .. We are realistically giving them away .

We have just a few we can make with these case parts . I will not go in to the new year with these parts still on the shelf .DNA 45s at half price or scrapped case parts

Stock costs money to store, and I dont want case parts used anywhere else, so even if we recycle them we must destroy them before we do .. that is really a shame . The case of the DNA45 is a beautiful solid case and these are just marked very slightly .

The electronics is perfect and as we use in main production, electronics are not in any way reject , the units pass all the same areas of main production . The cases are slightly marked the price is half price .

Use the code ED001 for 425 GBP deal enter the ( voucher code ED001 ) at the checkout for the reduction

https://www.onixdna.com/product-page/onix-dna-45-media-no-remote-supplied

Adam W

www.onixdna.com

3. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Tasty discount for something with mild cosmetic imperfections. If I wanted one of these amps I'd be getting one with a scuffmark, even if you later move it on you'd get most of your outlay back whereas a new perfect one, even if unmarked in your ownership, wouldn't hold its value to the same degree.

4. adsw

Hi

I have a coffee at Starbucks most days and sometimes after work at about 8 pm .

It drives me nuts to see them throw away the food everyday before closing ...when so many homeless people could enjoy it.

While in Melbourne Australia I witnessed KFC at the end of the night give all the unsold food to the homeless.

We must not continue this wasteful corporate BS ...this is the ONIX effort to say ..let's be real.

Small but genuine ..thanks Steve for the comment above

Adam W

TLS, Mike P, Cereal Killer and 2 others like this.
  5. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

Great deal, I unfortunately have too many other commitments and no actual need for another amp... although if I had cash to spare I’d be buying one anyway. Some people are going to get a bargain!

6. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer fourhundredandthirtytwo

In Manchester Greggs do the same, all the unsold food is/was put in boxes and left on city centre street corners for the homeless

Mike P likes this.
  7. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Same with Pret a Manger, the stuff is made on the day to eat that day and they give it to people running soup kitchens etc. Well done Pret.

Mike P likes this.
  8. Rockmeister

Rockmeister pfm Member

great that. I wish all the supermarkets would give food away a day before the use by date...so many good meals thrown away the next day.

9. adsw

I am happy to hear logic and common sense is not totally gone .

No one deserves to be hungry when perfectly good food is thrown away due to strict use by dates and corporate policy .

Adam W

YNWOAN and Cereal Killer like this.
  10. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Corporate policy is one thing, food safety another. Use By is a strict date for reasons of food safety. "It's 95% likely to be OK" isn't good enough when people's health is at stake, and no it isn't possible to tell that something's unsafe to eat because you can tell if it's gone off. Best Before is the one that you can ignore if you wish. Stale bread is just that, it won't hurt anyone. A sandwich a day over UB just might, and it's not OK to take a chance. I don't like throwing away good food either, but I sometimes have to order the destruction of stuff of which I am not entirely confident.

11. Cereal Killer

You do know and understand what the homeless folks reference point on hygiene and safety is don't you !!

12. adsw

Steve

Never should bad food be given to anyone ..but Starbucks throw away food that expired that day at 8 pm every day . I have bought the same batch as have others before they bin it ..I never had a single issue .

I really hope no one has to find out what real poverty is and see what some eat .

I lived in Asia ...enough said .

Lets get back on topic .. DNA 45 for 425 ..won't feed me but will make use of some cases . That can't be bad

Adam W

13. technarchy

technarchy Active Member

Had a good chat with Adam today, ordered a dna45 with phono to replace my old oa21. Looking forward to listening to this soon with my Proac studio 125s. Happy days! Now what to tinker with next?

14. Cereal Killer

Cables....

Waxxy likes this.
  15. adsw

Proac make some nice speakers we use them

Good speakers

Adam W

16. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Yes I do, the poor bastards have enough problems without me poisoning them!

17. Thorn

Thorn pfm Member

The problem is that the rules are too rigid. I have to put a sell by date on my honey, which won't go off, though it may crystallise. I'm tempted to put 12/12/2121.

Mike P, TLS and booja30 like this.
  18. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

I spent a few years working for what’s probably the UK’s largest sandwich and ready meal manufacturer. Anything that wasn’t sent out to the customer, or returned undelivered, was binned. A waste, but all the sandwiches were labelled by supermarket etc, so they couldn’t take the risk of someone eating one and becoming ill.

19. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

@Thorn 're honey: That's only a best before and there's no food safety implication or obligation to sell before the date expires. I would put 12/12/21 or more sensibly a best before end Dec 21.
    Sell by hasn't existed in UK food labelling regs since 1984. Try to keep up, I'm hardly a kid and even I was only in 6th form back then!

20. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Got it in one. You only kill one kid.