advertisement

What do I need to record an acoustic guitar and vocals ?

I got the urge to do live recording and try to do it well some years ago now and bought loads of gear to do it but then kinda lost the enthusiasm... plus many of the people I knew who were musical performers I wanted to record all one by one left the area...
2 x Rode NT1A's, Rode valve condenser mic (£500 ish!), pair of matched Rode small capsule condensers with stereo bar, an AKG condenser and an AT one, then a Yamaha mixing desk and two digital audio interfaces, a Mackie small desk, built a separate mic pre to go with it, all the mic stands, pop filters, cables... most of it's had no more than 12 hours use and some bits maybe 2 hours...

Ah well I'll maybe use it again someday.... :):rolleyes:

Well Arkless, if you are interested in shifting any of it, drop me a PM. My son has just started on a bit of a recording adventure - he's really into foley, sound fx, and sound design, and so has been accumulating various bits of stuff, but you can never have too many microphones!

Well Arkless, if you are interested in shifting any of it, drop me a PM. My son has just started on a bit of a recording adventure - he's really into foley, sound fx, and sound design, and so has been accumulating various bits of stuff, but you can never have too many microphones!

Sorry no I'm keeping it all... I may get the bug again at some point and anyway I can't bare to lose all that money on what is near as damn it brand new gear... well OK about 12 years old but most of it has only had a few hours use (mixing desk most at maybe 20 hours) and been in storage in original packing etc all this time.

Err. You might be confusing me with someone who knows what they're on about?

It's a cheap (very cheap) audio interface to get analogue into digital.

Wished I'd never bloody mentioned it tbh.

advertisement

Back