advertisement

What damage might I have sustained?

whatsnext

Naimless
Idiot plus here.

Yesterday trying to remove my camera from round my neck I was distracted by a family group who suddenly stopped due to an ancient member.

A Nikon D750 only 6 weeks old fell from neck height onto the lens, a 28-100 Nikon G. The uv filter smashed and the focus mechanism is a tad ‘different’. Anyone had this experience and can advise the damage, obvious and not obvious to the body itself? Or is it possibly ‘just’ a new lens and carry on photographing

Suppressed tittering please otherwise Boris will wreck the UK.

Hopefully just the lens has been damaged, do you have another lens to test it with.

Pete

send the lot back to Nikon service department describing what happened and ask them to check and repair. I hope your kit is insured and that Nikon suggest scapping the kit so that you will start with new kit.

Peter
I have an older none G same spec and initial examination shows the dropped lens is stuffed and the older one works fine for focusing. Camera body is working on simple 10 trial shots. I'll do a more thorough test later.

Derek
Not sure of insurance situation. If I had done it in the house probably but out and about may be unlikely.

Thanks for your thoughts

That’s good news it’s just the lens.

You might find it’s covered even out of the house.

Pete

"Yes, m'lud. On Sunday September 1st, around 6pm, Mr. Lockhart and I were having cocktails in the kitchen of the defendant, known to us as "Whatsnext". Deeply engaged in conversation about the existence of God, we were suddenly startled by an almighty crash..."

advertisement

Back