Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What concert have you last been to #3

Discussion in 'music' started by Rasher, Mar 5, 2013.

1. gary1064

gary1064 pfm Member

Billie Eilish at the O2 last Saturday. Was a treat for my 15y.o. daughter, bit surprised to find I thoroughly enjoyed it. Might check her out on Spotify. 40 quid for a t-shirt was a bit painful.

2. guey

guey pfm Member

Snap, and then the first "proper" gig at the Scala; and then quite a few times after. Not since the return though.
    They are a stellar live act.

paulfromcamden likes this.
  3. Theo

Theo pfm Member

Just back from this year's Love Supreme Festival. Lots of highlights: Lady Blackbird was sublime and Ezra Collective just were just awesome on the Friday; loved Jon Cleary, Matthew Halsall, Tom Misch, Emma-Jean Thackray and Lianne La Havas on the Saturday. Sister Sledge were just fabulous on Sunday, and a great performance by Sons of Kemet & Nubya Garcia. We knackered ourselves out seeing over 20 bands, but the weather was kind, and the atmosphere chilled.

Definitely going again next year.

4. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

Just recently saw mahler resurrection symphony at symphony Hall. Utterly fantastic and probably as loud as any rock gig

alan967tiger and tricky1 like this.
  5. tricky1

tricky1 pfm Member

Yes, I think some of the t-shirt pricing at gigs is taking the p**s. I thought £35 a pop at LCD SS last week was steep, so declined. My wife and daughter saw Lorde on the same night and my daughter paid £45 for a t-shirt!!

6. rbrierle

rbrierle pfm Member

There has been a campaign recently to stop venues charging commission on artists selling their merch. More traction with the independents of course than the bigger venues. Suspect some of the silly pricing is venue addition on top of the artist's regular pricing.

7. RoyleBlue

RoyleBlue pfm Member

Am sure I read somewhere that selling 1 t-shirt is equivalent to 60,000 downloads. I bought one recently at the Tool gig, but that’s a one-off for me.

8. tuga

tuga Legal Alien

Went to see the Pixies and Pearl Jam last night. Pixies were amazing, Pearl Jam were good.

9. tuga

tuga Legal Alien

I was sitting further back and the audience consisted of 30% zombies, some too drunk others too smoked.
    Why would someone spend £100 to get pissed?

10. kevinrt

kevinrt pfm Member

Saw The Delines in Oxford last night. Pretty good, but I think I preferred it when they were touring their last album a couple of years ago.
    Maybe it was just the heat. I’m pretty sure the venue, a church, had it’s underfloor heating on. My partner’s bag was warm underneath when she picked up at the end.

Kevin

11. madscientist

madscientist pfm Member

Going to see The Delines in Brighton tonight..I think it might be scorchio!

12. vince rocker

vince rocker pfm Member

This coming Sunday for me at the lovely Bury Met. Really looking forward to it.

13. NigelP

NigelP pfm Member

The Popguns at the Cumberland Arms, last night, hot and sweaty gig, loved them back in the 1990s when I bought a couple of singles, and they sounded brill, not played Newcastle in 31 years so great to get a chance to see them.

14. yentone

yentone pfm Member

Moritz Von Oswald Trio (actually turned out to be a quartet) at Cafe Oto last Thursday. Great gig, somewhere at the intersection between jazz and electronic dancemusic. Moritz on electronics / keys, Heinrich Kobberling on drums and Laurel Halo on keys. Short, but very sweet!

James Evans and paulfromcamden like this.
  15. vince rocker

vince rocker pfm Member

The Delines, last night at Bury Met. Superb, I've rarely seen a singer live the songs the way Amy Boone does. It was the first time I've seen them, I was surprised at how completely unstarry and relaxed they are on stage. Perfect music for a hot night.

Brown Bottle, kevinrt and webster like this.
  16. bor

bor queue jumper

Agnes Obel - Munich 19th July 2022

Another show postponed from 2020.

The performance took place in an active church, which was both atmospheric, but also weirdly passive.

Agnes joined on stage by three sirens in the classic rock line-up of cello, cello, drums/glockenspiel.

These three were integral to the performance, rather than a backing role for Agnes, and were all superb.

Great location for this type of music - chamber pop? orchestral indie? , candles still in place on altar, 20ft Jesus suspended above the band etc , but sitting down, on wooden church pews seemed to kill the involvement for me somehow.

Regardless, great performance, not just from AO, but also the rest of the band.

NigelP likes this.
  17. NigelP

NigelP pfm Member

Seeing her( Agnes Obel) in September so great news that it was a cracking show.

18. jgs

jgs Active Member

Sari Schorr at Huntingdon Hall Worcester, she was the support for the cancelled Robin Trower gigs I had tickets for, so I thought I would give it a go. I was impressed and I had forgotten how good the venue is too.

19. guey

guey pfm Member

Got back yesterday from Awamu Together Festival.
    Loads of great music from across the board, lovely site, and a friendly crowd.
    Oh, and the most fun I've had playing records in a veeeeeeery long time.

20. Johnstephen

Johnstephen pfm Member

Joe Jackson at Symphony Hall Birmingham.
    Great performance from Joe. Played a good selection of oldies and newer material.
    Symphony Hall does not really suit pop/rock music as the bass frequencies tend to boom out of control.
    The sound engineer really needs to know his stuff to contend with this. This one did not.
    Joe solo on piano sounded great though.