Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What concert have you last been to #3

Discussion in 'music' started by Rasher, Mar 5, 2013.

1. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

Just back from the Concert For Ukraine at the Cockpit Theatre in London. An emotional evening with incredible performances by some of my very favourite UK jazz musicians. Every indication that they've raised a good wad of cash!

2. NigelP

NigelP pfm Member

Tori Amos at the Manchester Apollo love this venue how a concert hall should be with fantastic sound, oh and the music was great too

3. fegs

fegs pfm Member

Stiff Little Fingers at Rock City monday night

They're still pretty good live to be fair

Dave Decadent likes this.
  4. molee

molee pfm Member

Dreamwife tore it up in Oxford last night with an uncharacteristically enthusiastic young audience. Oxford having a rep for crowds that are unexpressive, to say the least. Mandrake Handshake up next in a fortnight.

LostAtSea likes this.
  5. Heckyman

Heckyman pfm Member

Just saw Nitin Sawhney in Bradford, first date of the UK tour. Fantastic.

6. palasr

palasr >>>...<<<

BADBADNOTGOOD @ The Royale, Boston MA. Monday 14 March 2022. A lovely outing with many many notes.

paulfromcamden likes this.
  7. Jason P

Jason P pfm Member

Went to a fabulous gig in a village hall Sat eve - Martin Stephenson (he of Daintees fame) charmed with some wonderful stories, great songs and amazing guitar playing. A tonic.

Spike and DAVEDWACK like this.
  8. NigelP

NigelP pfm Member

Samana in Manchester Gulivers, saw them supporting the smoke fairies and decided to see them on their own tour. A real find for me in 2022 with their new album just out. The venue was not quite what I expected but the music was spot, on if a little bit of a short set, they certainly couldn’t swing a cat on the stage it was so packed with gear, and the drummer played some sort of small tuba.

Manchester was the furthest north they came ( still a trek from Newcastle) catch them down south next.

9. guey

guey pfm Member

Pictish Trail last night at The Boiler Room in Guildford.
    We missed the first support act, Lucy Feliz; but the second support, Savage Mansions were pretty good; with the odd reminder of Wire in there.
    Pictish Trail were fantastic, despite having to rejig the whole set, as they'd lost their keyboardist the day before the tour, and their bassist on the the first day of the tour - both off sick with covid. The bassist from Savage Mansions joined them for some of the set, with very minimal rehearsal, and knocked it out of the park.
    A completely winning set. If they're playing round your way, I'd strongly recommend you catch them.

10. davidjt

davidjt pfm Member

Looking ahead, there's a lot of Frank Zappa on Radio3 tonight. Bound to be interesting, at the very least.

11. LostAtSea

LostAtSea "33 222 1 222"

Just back from A Flock Of Seagulls at the Tunbridge Wells Forum. Most excellent it has to be said!!

12. rbrierle

rbrierle pfm Member

Bodega last Thurs at Gorilla.
    Dry Cleaning and Sunflower Bean tonight at Ritz.
    Wet Leg down in London next Thurs.

13. foxwelljsly

foxwelljsly Hawkwind and Fire

The monthly jazz gigs at the cockpit were one of the few things I really missed when I moved to the country. Are they still running?

14. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

Yep they've started up again in recent months after a bit of an enforced interval. I really like the in-the-round format - it means four times as many front row seats!

foxwelljsly likes this.
  15. yentone

yentone pfm Member

Josephine Foster at Cafe OTO on Sunday. Excellent show, very well attended.

16. DipsyDave

DipsyDave pfm Member

Midlake at the Roundhouse. Excellent if a little short (less than 90 minutes). Lots of songs from the latest album, as expected, but a good selection from previous ones as well.

17. DCA

DCA pfm Member

Sat on a bench in Lewes listening to Samuel Ashton play. What a fabulous voice. He’s got some videos on YouTube, deserves to be heard more.

18. White Zombie

White Zombie pfm Member

Dead Can Dance in Glasgow. One of the best gigs I've been to. Played awe the hits and were on top form.

19. palasr

palasr >>>...<<<

The Milk Carton Kids @ The Egg, Albany NY, Friday 8 April 2022 (in the small theatre, Bela Fleck was upstairs in the larger venue). Jaw-dropping musicianship and vocal harmonies. Postponed twice during the pandemic.

20. guydarryl

guydarryl pfm Member

Alvin Youngblood Hart's Muscle Theory - yesterday afternoon at the Ipswich jazz and blues club. :)